shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Ring Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
What diamond cuts would go well with an rb center (aside from the obvious rb sides!). I like pears, and triliions, but what about cushion or princess cut diamonds? My bf commented how much he likes three stone rings (I think he was trying to get an idea if I like them and while I do, I want something different than just three rbs). Any thoughts or better yet...any pictures??!!
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i got lots of pics. problem is that i don''t know where they came from. they''re in my inspiration folder.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i found lots of pics on this site.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! That''s a great site and they have so many more sides than I thought were even possible!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you are so welcome~!! i hope you find what you are looking for!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
if you want me to post the pics i have let me know too.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure you have some great pictures too! I feel like I should say something to bf about it but I don''t want to say anything until I''m sure it''s what I want. He has a rb that was his grandmothers so he is going to use that, of that I''m sure now, but at first I was thinking I just liked solitaires until he mentioned three stones...it got me thinking! I love the past, present, and future rings with all rounds but so many of my friends have these as well as with trillions and baguettes as sides I wanted something that would ''stand out'' in the crowd. I love emerald cuts but that just wouldn''t look right with an rb center so I was thinking of other brillant cuts; radiant, princess, and cushions. I''d love to see pictures of those if you have them!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
do you want pics of 3 stone rings with the center stone being a RB?

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Yes!!! Also, I think I''d like to see some trillion sides after all!!!! Thanks!!
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Tapered baguettes as side stones to RB is a very classic engagement ring. Traditional but gorgeous, and won''t go out of style- it''s a timeless ring.

Also have you considered maybe doing more than a 3 stone ring? My FH had a RB in his family and he had it set w/ 3 round stones on each side- imagine if a trillion was made up of 3 smaller round stones and that''s what my ring looks like (so it''s 6 side stones plus center stone.) I haven''t been able to take a good photo or I would post. He had it made and I honestly can say I have never seen a ring anything like it.

I was very gung-ho on a RB w. tapered baguettes until he proposed to me w/ the ring he had made. It''s so special because I know he worked so hard on it, and it has the stone that belonged to his grandmother, and he was able to make something so unique out of it.

now if only I could figure out what kind of wedding band to go with.
33.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i don''t have pics on this computer. so i will post them later today.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Thank you jcrow! I''m looking forward to seeing what pictures you have in your collection!

dtnyc, your ring sounds beautiful! I''m trying to visualize it and I think I''ve got a good piture of what it looks like! My bf''s grandmother left him and his siblings each a diamond rb so I think he''s going to use that. At first I was upset (didn''t tell him of course) because my first and favorite stone is an emerald cut but the more I look at pictures and looking at rings in jewelry stores, the more I like rbs. I also like princess cuts since coming across printouts of them in my bf''s desk!
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am going to email you the pics. they are too large to post.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Squeaksluv-
I know what you are going through with regards to liking a certain cut stone, but having the round stone in the family. I really thought I wanted an Asscher cut stone, or emerald cut. My fiance didn''t tell me that he had a family stone (RB) to work with until he proposed. I knew that he was "working" on a ring, and that he was meeting with his family jeweler and he told me after his first meeting with "his guy," that the jeweler recc''d round brilliant because it''s classic, most brilliant, etc. I decided to go and try on some rings to see how the different shapes measured up to one another- it was a fun little errand to run over a lunch break one day.
Anyway- I tried on a gorgeous 1.97 asscher, and then asked to see a round stone in the same size, so they showed me a beautiful 2.00 RB, and the "size" difference made me change my mind. The asscher looked at least 40% smaller than the RB.
My fiance did a fabulous job on the ring, the setting is so original, so I got my "unique" ring, but at the same time it''s very classic. He surprised me with the proposal, and the ring, which I love. When he presented the ring to me, he told me that he had something for me that was part of his family, and that he had added to it, and that he was giving me part of his family with the hopes that one day we would have a family of our own (it was something along these lines, I really can''t remember!)

But back to the whole RB thing-
The jeweler/salesperson I spoke to when I tried on rings told me that the popularity of stones comes and goes, but that RB''s are always the most popular. He said that pears and marquis were popular in the 60''s-70''s (my fiance''s mom has a pear) and that in the 90''s princesses became really popular and he thinks that their popularity is now waning, and that asschers and cushions are an increasing trend.
You really can''t go wrong with a RB.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
This is picture of my ring- It''s not very clear- I don''t know how everyone takes such great pics of their rings.
I didn''t mention before, but the center stone is a transitional brilliant cut, not a modern round brilliant. It''s 2.07 ct, VS2 (it has a small natural on the girdle,) the color on it isn''t great, but it has strong flourescence that counteracts it most of the time. It has great measurements though and wonderful brilliance.
I took it to Ted Baer for an appraisal and loved sitting with him and learning more about the stone. It''s truly one of a kind, as you can''t find many of these transitional brilliant cuts. I love the history behind the stone and I am honored that my fiance''s family let him give it to me.

xtre close up.jpg

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I love that it''s so unusual in it''s cut and the setting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results