shape
carat
color
clarity

OK.. Its my turn for house vibes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue,

In Canada, there are laws that dictate that once a seller gets two offers (from 2 different parties) the selling agent is required BY LAW to inform both potential buyers that there are 2 offers. Now if they break this little rule (or lie) then they are subject to very stiff fines. Now the selling agent, in our case tried to trick us by saying there was ANOTHER VISIT. I think I would run a quick search and figure out what the laws/code of conducts are in your state. Then check to see if the agent said, "Another offer has been submitted" or that "Someone is writing up an offer, or is intrested"

I would really hate for you to overpay by $20 000. That''s a lot of money, and better in your hands then the seller. Not to mention the selling agents commission.

Don''t stress too much. I can''t tell you the importance of "If it was meant to be...." There were 2 houses that my boyfriend wanted to buy, and it fell through. And when we have what we do now, WE ARE SO HAPPY IT FELL THROUGH BEFORE.

And I second VegasAngel. It''s all about countering and the negotiating process.

I''ll be thinking of you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If there is another buyer did they put in an offer yet?? I would think the agent would tell you that at least. Sounds like there may be another buyer in the wings but also sounds like they haven''t put in an offer. I know this stuff is sooo stressful, we went through it buying the house we''re in now. Good luck, I hope you guys get it!!!
1.gif

Hunali

Rough_Rock
I don''t know if you two put in the offer yet, but a word of advice: if you only go 5k under the asking price the seller WILL most likely counter back. It''s rare for that not to happen, esp if he doesn''t have any other offers on the table. In that case, you will be paying very close to the asking price. You should always start ways below what you expect to pay in order to give you room for negotiating. But, on the otherhand, if you are worried about another buyer, I can understand your reasoning. There is a good chance that the realtor is lying, but there is smaller chance that she is not.

I have always believed that if you for some reason don''t get this house (and I hope you do!!!!!), then it wasn''t meant to be in the first place. You house will come. And whatever happens willl be for the better.

I know how stressful this can be b/c my fiance and I were recently in your shoes. I truly wish you all the best!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hey all.. Thank you all so much for the advice. We are obviously brand new to this!
So.. update - We pretty much have determined that they WERE lying about the other offer. They were saying that the other buyer was going to put an offer in today or tomorrow, and were trying to push us into coming in tonight. When it became clear we weren''t coming in tonight, all of a sudden the other buyer is not coming in until later this week..

So.. we are going back to our original starting bid plan.. and FFIL who is co-signing wants to call around to some other banks and see if he cant get us a lower interest rate.. I sort of think that he isn''t going to find one.... but he is co-signing so I guess he gets to have a say. So.. its probably going to still be a few days before we officially put our bid in. All this waiting is driving me absolutely NUTS. I thought we would be done with this like two weeks ago.. and we still haven''t put a bid in!

I am taking some pics off the digital camera right now. I will post them after I get them resized

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there MS, can''t wait to see the pics. I hate the tactics they use lying etc... Drives me nuts!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Ok.. LOTS of pics to come!
A not so great picture of the second bedroom. For some reason this room is much bigger in person than it looks in this picture.. I think its just a bad angle.

bedroom1mandj.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
This is the room we are going to use for an office.. At least until we have two kids.

bedroomofficemandj.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
The walk-up attic. Its not insulated now, so it would definitely need some work if we wanted to make it a playroom or anything.

mandjattic.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Back deck.. and the fam. My mom, FFIL and FMIL and thats me down on the grass

mandjbackdeck1.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
This is the part of the deck where the hottub currently is..

mandjbackdeckhottub.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Finished basement. Its only about half of the basement thats finished.. but the part thats done is nice.

mandjbasement.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Bathroom.. this would probably be my first "project" priority.

mandjbathroom.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of the bathroom.

mandjbathroom2.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay..this is the good stuff. :)
The kitchen. Basically the same shot as from the listing.. but I love it.. so here it is again.

mandjkitchen.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
My favorite part of the house! I don''t even know if I noticed it the first time we went through
Isn''t the woodwork fantastic? And those are little cabinets in them with glass doors.. I LOVE it!

mandjlivingwoodwork.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely MS
how exciting.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
this isnt a great pic, but this is another one of my favorite parts. The little cupboards above the little dining counter thing.. I don''t know if you can tell, but they have glass doors on both sides so you can see through from both sides.. Its so cute!

mandjkitchendining.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
only a couple more..
The whole living room taken from the stairway.

mandjlving1.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
And the stairway in the living room. Its really pretty.

mandjstairway.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great house MS. I love the wordwork, and the kitchen is very nice too. I pray you guys get it!!! Hoping the Pricescope Fairy helps you guys out!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay.. It looks like we are putting our offer in today after all. But we are going with our original plan (the price the current owner paid 6 years ago, which is 20K under asking.. Its fairly clear he has not put any work into the house since then..so if anything the house has lost value since then).. so that will leave some room for a counter offer.. we ARE willing to pay a little more if we have to. So.. send us lots of vibes today!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting. Sending you guys my most powerful vibes. Good luck!!!
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hey all- thanks again for all the support.. but it looks like we are not getting the house. It turns out that there indeed WAS another buyer and they put in a higher bid, and also have a MUCH larger down payment.. So unless something falls through with that.. we have to keep looking. I am disappointed.. because I really did LOVE that house.. but..not that disappointed and maybe even a little releived.. it was also at the very top of our price range (of course) and it honestly was going to require a lot of TLC.. and it was only the second house we looked at.. it was one of those things where when we saw it we just LOVED it instantly.. and stopped looking at anything else.. so we still have lots of other options.. and we may end up taking a few months to find something else.. which would actually be a blessing, since our wedding is not for 6 months.. we can havea few more months without payments and be able to save a little more.. and I am starting a new job within this month which should hopefully drastically increase my income.. so we will have a better idea of what we can afford in a few months.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sorry to hear that
8.gif
Well, that house just wasn''t meant to be. House buying/selling is a royal pain in the A$$. You will find the house that''s meant just for you, keep looking
9.gif
Best wishes to you.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh MS, I am so sorry to hear that this one probably isn''t going to work out. But I''m sure it will work out for the best- there is something better out there for you and you''ll find it soon!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue:

Hugs! I''m sorry you are disappointed. Truly, when the house is meant to be, it will be. We went through this emotional rollercoaster, and when we finally bought, we were so happy that all the other houses didn''t work out. Keep us all updated on your quest!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s too bad, I''m sorry. But as erveryone else has stated it just wasn''t meant to be. You''ll find a great house I''m sure.
2.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
MS, Sorry to hear about the other buyer getting the house
8.gif
Its so true though that you''re going to find somethign better and that it happened for a reason. Plus a lot of houses start being put on the market end of January/February for the spring market...so keep your eyes open for something new to come along! Good luck in your continued house search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results