shape
carat
color
clarity

I Finally Have My Dream RHR--7.64 Ceylon Sapphire & 1.87 Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I finally have something worth posting.

After literally years of looking for a major RHR. I bought my dream. I originally thought I wanted a Fancy Yellow diamond, but for the size and color I wanted, it would cost at least $40-75K. Sapphire is also my birthstone (and favorite, too!)

I had originally seen this ring last year at my local jeweler (Adeler, Great Falls, Virginia) during their annual sale that starts at the end of October but I did not have the $$$.

This year I went in prior to the sale to check out whether there was anything I wanted. The sale is excellent--durintg the first days the markdown is 50%, plus if you have a coupon, the store pays the 5% sales tax.

I saw this ring, but the jeweler said someone already had put in a credit card receipt on it, so when the sale started it would be one of the first things sold. So I brought home an emerald ring that is a larger sister to the sapphire. Hubby said no. It was twice the price of the sapphire and more fragile.

I went to the sale, and was told that the sapphire didn''t sell. So I sat down with the ring on my hand and made a great decision to buy it!!!
It was a very small fraction of what a fancy yellow ring would cost but with all of the impact.

Also, this ring, along with the Emerald Big Sister were featured as part of the November/December feature spread for DC Modern Luxury magazine.

I also brought the ring to be appraised by Martin Fuller a highly regarded Washington area gemologist and appraiser. He valued by ring at three times what I paid.

Yippee!!!! But I have to wait for Chanukah to wear it.
20.gif

Sap Top View 3.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more pics.

Sap Side View.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more pics.

Sap Top View 2.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the magazine layout.

Sap Mag View.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
My God!!!! It's STUNNING!

Am I believing my eyes? is it an emerald cut??? WOW! I'd love to see about a million more pictures...do we have to wait for Chanukah too??

Congratulations!

widget

PS: If that honker is the "little sister" to the emerald ring, then I bet that emerald was a sight to see too!

ETA: I got so excited when I saw the first pic, I didn't even think to wait to see if there were more coming....thanks!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s incredible! I need to check that place out!

Layne

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful. I really adore it- it is one of the few rings that I''ve seen that I would love to own with no alterations. Congrats!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Widget,

Yes, mine''s a square emerald cut. The emerald was incredible too. In fact, Jorge Adeler went INTO the mine in Columbia, chose the rough, supervised the cutting and finishing of the stone. The pear that was used in the mag layout necklace was from that trip, too. I will post more pics and specs, but I''ve got to go to work...

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I LOVE that ring!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!
36.gif
35.gif

You got quite a beauty!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW, that is just an incredible ring. I love the color, and the setting is just gorgeous. Wear it in good health.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one amazing ring! I''d love to own something like that.
30.gif

How will you be able to wait to wear it?!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOW, that is wonderful! I love sapphires. All I can say is if that is your RHR then I want to see the left hand :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow, that is just GORGEOUS..

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! It looks amazing on your hand. Congratulations!!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!! Fit for royalty!!!!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing ring. I love the color the style....ohhhhh....I want it!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aiiyeeyeeyee.........OMG, loooooooooooove it! And what a great story about its purchase -- obviously, you were meant to have the ring. Don''t you just love it when stuff happens that way! I call these types of pieces "widget-worthy" because they are on a par with the outstanding taste and collection of our dear bling queen widget.

More pics! Close ups so we can see alllll the details.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
That ring is awesome! Congrats! You''re a lucky girl.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
WoW! That ring is absolutely stunning! The color of that sapphire is breathtaking! Lucky you!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful ring! It surely looks perfect on your hand...

Congratulations for the lucky find
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Matata
.....our dear bling queen widget.
Matata!!!!
emembarrassed.gif

crafftygirl...I have to keep coming back to this thread for a fix! I''m one of those who prefer colored stones over diamonds, and your''s is truly breathtaking. The color, the cut, the size....it looks like something straight out of Sothebys..
30.gif

Any chance of more pictures? I can''t get enough!!!
3.gif

widget

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Crafftygrrl, that ring is stunning!! Sapphires are my birthstone too, and I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
that ring!! I love the setting too!!! It''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~BTW, more pics!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
really beautiful, i love blues and greens but blues are by far my favorite, what a great choice!!!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Widget and everyone,

Thanks for all your compliments!!!!
I feel like the cat that swallowed the canary. I also have to sneak peeks at it and try it on. I''m not sure that I can wait till 12/25 (the 1at night of Chanukah) to wear this. I think my Hubby will need to put it under lock and key.

One more thing... about 2 years ago I bought my Hubby a 42" Plasma HD TV with Tivo, Satellite Dish with all the baseball/sports programming I could order. Every day, he always says how much he loves his flat screen TV.

I told him this ring was my flat screen TV.

CRthumbshot123.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! I''ll have to check them out the next time I''m around that side of the beltway.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say that''s several flat screen tv''s haha. More pics please!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results