shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with Candy Names...please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hello Board,

I am trying to create a story board for my nephews 19th birthday...the story is to be told by using candy. The candy will be attached to poster board and decorated festively. I need help remembering the names of candy as I will pick them up tomorrow and in a rush create the "thing" before the 5 oclock party.

Any story line help will also be appreciated. Here are a few ideas:

Happy Birthday you RED HOT BIG HUNT....for your birthday we went shopping on FIFTH AVENUE and intended to spend 100,000 GRAND but we actually spent ZERO. We saw your friends...the NERDS...

Any ideas or corrections...toss them at me PLEASE. I am frantic...my husband thinks my idea is NUTTY.
2.gif
(Oh who am I kidding, HE KNOWS I AM A NUTTCASE.)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don''t Almond joy!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
If he''s only 19, he''s probably too young to have some Lady Godiva type show up at his party...unless she covers herself with peanut butter cups. Such a show would probably cause nothing but snickers, anyway....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was good widget!!! You cracked me up with that one. You have a great sense of humor!!
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
candy names:

whatchamacallit
snickers
score
sprees
butterfinger
kit kat
take 5
mounds
after eight
millionaire
milky way
lifesaver
bottlecaps
sugar daddy
crunch
tootsie roll
dots
airhead
Hot Tamales
Symphony
pay day
whoopers

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2005 11:05:11 PM
Author: jcrow
candy names:

whatchamacallit
snickers
score
sprees
butterfinger
kit kat
take 5
mounds
after eight
millionaire
milky way
lifesaver
bottlecaps
sugar daddy
crunch
tootsie roll
dots
airhead
Hot Tamales
Symphony
pay day
whoopers
this probably isn't appropriate for a 19 year old (well i guess it depends on your family!) but at a party we went to recently for an older man, i think it was his 75th bday they did something like..

happy birthday you hot tamale...you sure hit the payday when you married that tootsie roll of a wife of yours! sure, you get snickers about the fact that your whatchamacallit still works at your age, but they don't know that you need to take five after eight, or else she'll need to find herself a new sugar daddy!

it was something along those lines and sooo hilarious. the funny thing was that was the first candy poster board i had seen and then a week later someone in our office did it for another gal. i thought what is this like THE thing to do now?! haha. i'd try just playing around with the words to see what you can come up with. have fun.
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh...I heard the song as I read your post...Thanks for the idea.

Widget...What a great idea! Great sense of humor!

Jcrow....Oh man reading what a list! I gained weight just reading the list! What a help it will be. Thanks so much for your effort...I so appreciate it. I can''t believe I forgot some of those! Airhead and Millionaire and whopper and sugar daddy. Oh man...Now If I can find a story line that flows...

Anybody have a better line of thought? I can''t seem to get the lameness out. Help if you can!

For you birthday we thought we would take a few shopping sprees on Fifth Avenue. We looked and looked for the perfect Whatcamacallit. It was after8 pm before we thought we scored...what we found wasn''t actually a whatchamacallit afterall it was merely a mild dud. We decided to take 5 globstoppers to the bigred millionaire behind the counter. He was as slow as a turtle and said five wasn''t enough. We asked if he were in a time crunch such as ours, what would he buy for the worlds greatest nephew? He said two tickets to the Lady Godiva Pop rocks Symphony and a sterling opener for bottlecaps. Great idea!! So I smothered him in kisses and hugs. His last suggestion was a whopper....he said to Endulge you and give you our whole toostie roll of 100,000 grand, in CASH! Yeah right! What an bonehead! We ran out of that store so fast...and you know me...I drop everything...just call me butterfinger...I slipped and fell hit my jawbreaker...saw stars and the milkyway. I needed a lifesaver but the crowd was full of airheads and jellybellys that were laughing and full of snickers.

...we are filled with pride and almond joy in celebration of your birthday. We are so happy you are no longer in the crowd of nerds...and are now one Red Hot BIG Hunk. So Happy Birthday you hottamale and forgive us from spending....zero on you this year. (We spent all the cash on candy) but you still have your favorite Aunt and Uncle Tony aka Sugar Daddy. Just wait for our next payday.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Mara that is a great line! I really wish I could use it. That has a much better flow than my stupid ramble has. I have not seen anyone else doing the candy board. I had heard about it about ten years ago for a bridal shower.

With what you saw...have any more ideas?

Thanks for what you posted...it was reeely funny. I was composing mine and read your after.

DKS

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
somewhere they makes these boards preassembled. My mother got one when she was preggers with my little sister 5 years ago. It was pretty cute.

ETA: http://www.candyandstuff.com/candybars.html Link with oddles of candy names.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Baby Shower:
Dearest friends and family ______ has always been MOUNDS of fun to be around because she is such a funny GOOBER with a CAREFREE spirit. I PROMISE this bouquet will bring a SNICKER to her as I read my poem. I am not playing TWIX on ______, when I say that she has truly found her perfect SUGAR DADDY to have her SUGAR BABY with. I bet the baby will be one HOT TAMALE. ______ is someone who can always be counted on in a CRUNCH, and I know she truly does TREASURE being pregnant because everyone’s still telling HERSHEYS beautiful, and that they love her to PIECES.
______
On your Shower Day we are warning you that at times the little RUNT is going to drive you BONKERS! You will be sick and tired of hearing GOO GOO and gaga. Just remember I’m your LIFESAVER who is there for you for a FAST BREAK, when you are in SHOCK and start to see DOTS from sleep exhaustion.
You have very good REISEN for being grumpy every NOW & LATER being that you were a bit CHUNKY for nine months, and now you have to fall asleep to a Screaming SYMPHONY. You should also know that once the baby comes your bank account will go from 100 GRAND to ZERO from Diapers and suplies even on a PAYDAY! Just remember all of us are there for you through the ROCKY ROAD, because we love you to PIECES. We hope for WHOPPERS of ALMOND JOY for you and your family. After, O-HENRY, or BABY RUTH is born you will be known as the 3 MUSKETEERS.

HUGS & KISSES,

Birthday poem,

I was going to give you 100 GRAND for you birthday, but the money slipped throug my BUTTERFINGER. I didn''t have a WHATCHAMACALLIT to sell and it wasn''t PAYDAY. My checking account was ZERO so I couldn''t do my shopping on 5TH AVENUE. I didn''t think a pet KITKAT or a trip to MARS or seeing the MILKY WAY would be appropriate. I do want to wish you MOUNDS of ALMOND JOY as you SKOR up another birthday. Enjoy and eat up this card wth my best wishes. I hope it doesn''t make you ROLOver and get sick. If it does, I promise not to SNICKER.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday, ______
Now that you’ve reached ____, do you hear a (Symphony) of (Snickers)?
Do your bones (Krackel) and (Crunch)?
Does the old (Bun) feel a little (Chunky)?
Do you act like a (Butterfinger)?
Have your (Whoppers) turned to (Milk Duds)?
Have the old (Whatchamacallit) gone to )Mars)?
Don’t worry, stay (Carefree) . . .
We still think you’re worth (100 Grand)
Love,
Hesheys 50! Do you hear SNICKERS from those around you?that''s good your hearing hasn''t gone yet.They are jealous you still look like JUNIOR MINTS at 50! But soon you''ll have BUTTERFINGERS Feel your bones CRUNCH and say"Where''s my WHATCHAMACALLIT?" I had a hard time finding a gift. I thought we could TAKE5 in new YORK(pepermint pattie) but it wasn''t PAYDAY. I knew you wouldn''t want a pet KITKAT or DOVE. I didn''t find tickets to the MILKY WAY.So I made you this card before your too old to read or chew it. Please don''t ROLOver and get sick eating your M&MS or REESES! EXTRA love,
Make a candy gram. Purchase a large stiff poster board. Buy candy bars you can use for your message. Attach the candy bars onto the poster board. Example: To my "Big Hunk", you are "Almond Joy" and I would walk to "Mars" just to be with you. Decorate the poster to go with the theme you are celebrating. Place the poster in the passenger''s seat of his car for him to find on that special day.
Baby Shower:
Dearest friends and family ______ has always been MOUNDS of fun to be around because she is such a funny GOOBER with a CAREFREE spirit. I PROMISE this bouquet will bring a SNICKER to her as I read my poem. I am not playing TWIX on ______, when I say that she has truly found her perfect SUGAR DADDY to have her SUGAR BABY with. I bet the baby will be one HOT TAMALE. ______ is someone who can always be counted on in a CRUNCH, and I know she truly does TREASURE being pregnant because everyone’s still telling HERSHEYS beautiful, and that they love her to PIECES.
______
On your Shower Day we are warning you that at times the little RUNT is going to drive you BONKERS! You will be sick and tired of hearing GOO GOO and gaga. Just remember I’m your LIFESAVER who is there for you for a FAST BREAK, when you are in SHOCK and start to see DOTS from sleep exhaustion.
You have very good REISEN for being grumpy every NOW & LATER being that you were a bit CHUNKY for nine months, and now you have to fall asleep to a Screaming SYMPHONY. You should also know that once the baby comes your bank account will go from 100 GRAND to ZERO from Diapers and suplies even on a PAYDAY! Just remember all of us are there for you through the ROCKY ROAD, because we love you to PIECES. We hope for WHOPPERS of ALMOND JOY for you and your family. After, O-HENRY, or BABY RUTH is born you will be known as the 3 MUSKETEERS. HUGS & KISSES,
Hey Tootsie Roll,
We were going to give you 100 GRAND for your birthday, but the EXTRA money slipped through our BUTTERFINGER. I didn''t have a WHATCHAMACALLIT to sell and it wasn''t PAYDAY. My checking account was ZERO so I couldn''t do my shopping on 5TH AVENUE. I didn''t think a pet KITKAT, a trip to the SYMPHONY, a flight to MARS, or seeing the MILKY WAY would be appropriate. I do want to wish you MOUNDS of ALMOND JOY as you SKOR up another birthday. Enjoy and eat up this card with our best wishes. I hope it doesn''t make you ROLOver and get sick. If it does, we promise not to SNICKER. You are M-AZING and our SWEAT TART.
Love your SUGAR DADDY, and the 3 MUSKATEERS (3 peoples names.)
HUGS & KISSES

As you approach the PAYDAY of your life, do you hear SNICKERS and RAZZLES from those around you? Do you feel that you are somewhere TWIX infancy and the old folks home? Are you having a continual battle with those MOUNDS ? Don’t let anybody call you a SLOPOKE . Get your WHATAMACALLIT in gear. It’s time to get something EXTRA out of life. Let your life SKOR . Although some may say you are NUTS or worse yet, a SUCKER , we think you are SPECIAL (dark) ! There are many GOOD&PLENTY years ahead of you! So be CAREFEE and remember life is a lot more pleasant when filled with hugs and KISSES! Happy Birthday

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
As you approach the PAYDAY of your life, do you hear SNICKERS and RAZZLES from those around you? Do you feel that you are somewhere TWIX infancy and the old folks home? Are you having a continual battle with those MOUNDS ? Don’t let anybody call you a SLOPOKE . Get your WHATAMACALLIT in gear. It’s time to get something EXTRA out of life. Let your life SKOR . Although some may say you are NUTS or worse yet, a SUCKER , we think you are SPECIAL (dark) ! There are many GOOD&PLENTY years ahead of you! So be CAREFEE and remember life is a lot more pleasant when filled with hugs and KISSES! Happy Birthday

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh Matty,

Those are soo fabulous. They are all perfect. I will have a reason to use each and everyone. Thank you for all the time you put forth in the post. Had no idea you could buy them already made.

Thanks again! DKS

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No worries DKS! How could I not help out my partner in crime.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Matatora,
Those were just fabulous!!!! Really creative.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could take credit for them but I just googled Candy Poems and then cut and paste the ones I found.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results