shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddelgandio

Rough_Rock
I have a platinum engagement ring, I have been wearing it less than a year now. I noticed the other day that the ring was turning gold where it was sized, like maybe white gold was added to enlarge it rather than platinum. I took it to the guy I bought it from, and hes telling me something about Rhodium wearing off, and every metal will turn yellow, but the point of getting a platinum ring was to not deal with it turning yellow right? I feel like he''s selling me a line of crap, and I need help from someone who knows. It says 900PT on the inside if that helps. He redid the rhodium last night, and when I got it back, it looked even worse than when I got there, suddenly there are lines, it is SO obvious where they sized it. I just want to know for sure that platinum does not turn gold

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I have never ever heard of Plat turning yellowish. I think it is time to ditch this guy, I''m betting you are right and he improperly resized it with some non Plat metal.
Both of my rings are just stamped Plat and don''t have any yellow gold color on them.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Platinum definitely should not be turning yellowish. It sounds like the person who sized your platinum ring used white gold solder instead of platinum solder. Unfortunately, this is not an unheard of problem. My old jeweler didn''t believe that platinum solder even existed.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results