shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was inspired by Albicocca''s antique pearl ring. It is so lovely and I realized I really do like pearl rings. I did a search but couldn''t find a thread devoted just to pearl rings. So here''s mine. I don''t have any specs [pre PS]. I''m hoping that others join in and post their pearl rings.
emsmile.gif

cmspearlring.JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s beautiful! Love the rubies.

I''ll see if I can take some quick shots of mine later (but they''re nothin'' compared to that!).

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, if I get called out with a compliment, I guess I have to add in mine here too!
4.gif
Thanks!!! Yours really is beautiful too - the rubies do complement it so well!

Here's another pic of mine (family heirloom from 1844) and the link to the original thread (with a few more pictures) is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/antique-pearl-ring.35409/

pearlcollage1copy.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Great idea, Catmom! Pearls are sorely neglected around here!

I'm intrigued by pearl "solitaires"...always look at them on TV, shop windows, etc...but they always seem to be too high and topheavy to me. They look like they'd spin like crazy. Does your, catmom?

I've got two small pearl rings that I've had for years, but practically never wear. First is this teensy bypass pinky ring, probably from the turn of the century, with seed pearls. I think this will be great for one of my granddaughters someday:

circa1900.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a ring from the ''20s with rosecuts. The pearl is either mabe, or more likely halved...it has a ton of lustre...

pearlrosecut dias1920.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ecf8503! I can''t wait to see your ring.

Albicocca, you were the inspiration so I''m happy to have you post more pics here! Your ring really is very lovely.

Widget, you always make me sooooo jealous!. I absolutely love that pinky ring. It is just darling and the other one is gorgeous, too, of course! Eh hmm, Can I be your granddaughter? As far as spinning goes, my ring doesn''t spin anymore than any of my other rings. It doesn''t seem top heavy at all.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Catmom,
Here is a ring that my mum got for her wedding some 37 years back. Apparently it only cost some $20 (Singapore dollars) in those days. One prong is missing but I still think it''s a pretty ring. It''s got a matching pendant too. Will post that separately.

OldPearlRing.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the matching pendant....

PearlPendant.JPG

hilbake

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
This is my first time trying to attach a pic, so I hope this works!
Love everyone''s pearls!
This is a ring that my mom gave me. It''s the first ring that my dad ever gave my mom, so it has some sentimental value, even though I never wear it. It has 2 tiny diamonds, one on each side of the pearl, and it''s in WG. I really like the leaf design. It''s too bad I''m not a pearl-wearing type person. Maybe when I get older I''ll appreciate them more? Anyway, thanks for looking!

pearlring2005.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva, I love your pearl ring and pendant.
30.gif
I especially like the ring''s gallery with all the swirls and how wonderful that it was your Mom''s on her wedding day. I am always so jealous of anyone who has jewelry that has been handed down in their family. I have just a few pieces that came from my husband''s family, but none from my own.

Hilbake, I do love pearls.................did you just call me old? Well, I am old, so maybe your thought holds true and one day you''ll love pearls too!
9.gif
Seriously, your ring is very lovely. I like the leaf design, too.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE!! pearls... I want a 3 strand bracelet for Christmas...
30.gif
I want it I want it I want it!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 9:14:33 AM
Author: MINE!!
I just LOVE!! pearls... I want a 3 strand bracelet for Christmas...
30.gif
I want it I want it I want it!!
ooooooo, a 3 strand bracelet would be cool! Hmmm...............[secretly adds to list]

I only have a single strand, wah........
39.gif

cmspearlbrac.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Check out this one.. it is a bangle.. yummy yummyummy

yummm.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
But this is more of what I want.. it is from Blue nile

blue nile.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY, MINE! I want that bangle and I want it now!!!!!! That is just about the most exquisite thing I have ever seen. Where is is from? Of course the three strand from Blue Nile is just as gorgeous! I hope you get it for Christmas! You will have to post lots of pics if you do.

hilbake

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 9:08:16 AM
Author: Catmom
I do love pearls.................did you just call me old? Well, I am old, so maybe your thought holds true and one day you''ll love pearls too!

Oh, sorry, I didn''t mean to insinuate that you were old!
It''s funny, though... I never really noticed a lot of people around me wearing pearls until I moved to Belgium. They seem to be much more popular over here (although after reading this thread, I''m starting to think that I''m wrong)
18.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Is it not scrumptous Catmom.. It is a ross simon''s peice
Here is the descrption from the sight:

8.25" 18K WHITE GOLD WIDE DIAMOND CRISS CROSS BANGLE BRACELET WITH PEARLS
The glamour of Hollywood''s heyday, recaptured here in a stunning 6.70 carat t.w. diamond lattice bangle inset with dozens of 5.5-6mm cultured pearls. 18kt white gold.
MSRP: $13500.00
Was: $9500.00
(55% Off Suggested Retail - A $7505.00 Savings!)

Today''s Price: $5,995.00

Here is the sight:
http://www.ross-simons.com/perl/rssh0001.cgi?DETAIL=JGB7%20138927%20082%208W&cm_ven=iCrossing&cm_cat=Shoppingcom&cm_pla=Jewelry&cm_ite=8.25%2018K%20WHITE%20GOLD%20WIDE%20DIAMOND%20CRISS%20CROSS%20BANGLE%20BRACELET%20WITH%20PEARLS

Sorry can''t post a link on my laptop.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Here is another lovely... on sale 10998.95!

peals.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
This one if off the beaten path/.. but sweet

pruplrpearsl.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Looks like I got off topic there... look at some of the others I found.. really cool

pearlringblac.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
pretty

pearlringrose.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
a little color!!!

pearlwithblue.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
This one is from Diamondsafe.com

daimondsafepearl.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh for the last one Mine! But you always find the best examples. I could have all of them [except that last one!].

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
The last one is defintely.... different.... I am not sure I would want a pearl ruined to put a diamond in it.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Catmom,
I''m adding my golden south sea pearl ring. The pearl is 14mm but I don''t remember the weight of the diamonds.

GPRing1.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here are more shots of the same ring....

GPRing2.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s another pearl ring. I think it''s a Mabe pearl, not sure. The ring was a gift from years ago.

HalfPearlRing.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva, love, love, love your pearl rings, especially the golden south seas pearl. The setting is just exquisite! Do you have an issue with it spinning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results