shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful diamond with bad numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering if it's possible to have a beautiful diamond that has numbers that are very off from ideal. My jeweler told me about a 1.89 carat, I, VS1 with a 49% table and 59% depth. That all the number I have at this time. He said it was stunning and I should definitely come see it. Is it worth taking a look? Could a diamond with such a small table really be that beautiful?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It could be a stunning diamond. Maybe it won''t match the light perfromance of some other diamond, but it will probably have its own unique look and character. That might appeal to you. What harm is there in looking? Compare it to a more standard cut and see if you appreciate the differences.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with David no harm in going to have a look at it. The diamond that I got for my pendant has numbers that are a bit off too, and it''s a beautiful stone. I looked at the numbers after I saw the diamond loose and was really surprised at how beautiful the stone was.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I''ll go take a look tomorrow. You''re right, it can''t hurt. Since it''s for an e-ring, and I don''t ever plan on upgrading, I just want to make sure I get a stone that I will love for years to come. I''m wary of stones with off numbers, because I don''t want to sacrifice quality for size. I wish every stone came with brilliance scope and ideal scope reports...that would help so much. I''ll let you guys know how it looks...thanks again!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I actually stopped by today...and what he forgot to tell me over the phone was that it was an OEC...which is why the table is so small. And yes, it''s gorgeous! Wow. I love OECs!

Thanks for your help!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That makes perfect sense. I love OEC''s too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results