shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Lost a stone.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
All this talk about Pave stones falling out, I never really paid attention. It would never happen to me, right? So today I look down at my hand on the underside of my finger...and behold....a missing stone.

I was frantic, so I called FI he asked if it was right where they soddered in the sizing beads. Yup, right there. I am so upset. I know I should call my jeweler now, but since i just got it back friday and we had conflict, i dont know what to say.

ADVICE? Please.....

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
OH NO!!!!! You poor thing!! I am just sick about all these problems lately and empathize with you not feeling comfortable with the jeweler. Just went through that myself. I think you have a couple of options: if you don't want to pay out of pocket for any of this, definitely go back to the jeweler and have them replace it. This is their responsibility. If you're wanting to switch over to a jeweler who is closer and more accommodating, maybe now is the time. But, of course, you will have to pay for the repair. I really think the first jeweler should do this repair and then you can switch over to someone new. I am SO sorry. I feel for you more than you know.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did take my ring to my bench guy when I lost a stone out of my asscher ring. It cost me $25 to replace. It fell out again so I sent it back to Quest. You had a problem dealing with this jeweler before so you can try to have them fix it but if they give you a hard time, then maybe it's time to find another jeweler. Good luck, I know how you feel.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Msflutter! I''m so sorry this happened. What a pain. It''s kind of like an epidemic on pricescope users or something. Take it back to you jeweler and see what they can do. HUGS!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaa seriously, this pave falling out thing is getting so old! What is the deal!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
Bless your heart, I can see why you are torn. That is just terrible.
38.gif
I am so sorry honey. I would take it back to them and have them fix it at no charge to you. You have barely even worn the ring it should not be having issues so quickly.
If they expect payment of any kind I would leave and not go back.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
you guys are stressing me out that I am going to start losing pave
14.gif

just kidding.. ok, not really.

msflutter- that totally sucks though! I hope you can find someone else you feel comfortable with though. I need to find someone local too, especially since stones are going to start falling out of my ring any minute now..
3.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
MsFlutter, why not go back to the original jeweler and see what type of vibes you get when you show her the problem. Worst case senario, you don''t feel comfortable, and you just walk out the front door with your ring and never go back.

Where do you live? Maybe someone here on PS can give you a recommendation for a good bench person. Otherwise, start talking to the other local stores and see what they say, etc. Don''t rush into having someone fix the ring until you are confident that it will be done right!

And I''m soooooooo sorry!! Let''s sure hope this is the only one that falls out,
17.gif
and that everyone here on PS stops having problems!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results