shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie seeks good advice......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gumby

Rough_Rock
I just got quoted $6690 for a 1.42carat E SI2 Radiant cut GIA cert.
Measurements 6.40X5.97X4.38
Depth 73.4%
Table 73%
Girdle Slightly thick
Cutlet Non
Polish VG
Symmetry G
Is it worth it? It is a very good looking SI2...definitely can''t see anything without the loupe....but that might just be my newbie eye.
Help!?!? I have about 8k to spend on the stone.....can I get something better????

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully David from DBL will chime in and help you. I am no radiant expert, but he sure is. Good luck and welcome to PS!!!

gumby

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I hope he does too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
gumby,
I sent him a PM for you. Hopefully he will show up soon.

gumby

Rough_Rock
Here is the GIA report. Hope that someone will help. Not quite sure how to read the charts for Radiant diamonds. I have been told that the cut isn''t as important and I am pretty sure that that is not true.

Attachments

• gia report.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 135

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am by no means an expert either- but i would be concerned of where the inclusions are. but if you saw the diamond with your own eyes...

gumby

Rough_Rock
I do not have much of an expert eye...most of the inclusions were in the center and could easily be seen with the loupe, but i could not see them without it.

I guess my big question is, for my price range do you all think i can do better? I have been reading on this site and I am now seriously looking online. So kinda want to know what you think my range of diamond could be

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
gumby,
Bumping this for David.

gumby

Rough_Rock
is he from diamonds by lauren? if so i think he responded to me on another forum. Thank you for your help.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert with radiants, just happen to love the stones, but this one seems deep to me. I just did a quick search on here, and all of the diamonds in the 1.4 carat range are bigger than the one you''re looking at. That seems to be a pretty good price though, so maybe you''re getting a bit of a discount since this stone does seem smaller than other 1.4 carat stones.

Here''s one to check out:

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=5334644&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

It''s a lower colored stone, but also a good price and could be very well cut.

Here''s another one, a bit out of your price range, but probably a very nice stone.

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=5092912&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results