shape
carat
color
clarity

my new e-ring (upgrraded)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
As many of you may know, I have been in the process of upgrading my center stone for a few months now.

I went from a .74 vs2 F princess to a 1.53 SI2 J Radiant. The setting had to be redone bc the new center wouldn''t fit in the existing head, but it was done the same way. It is a channel setting with 6 princesses on each side. I am really happy with it!
36.gif
36.gif

There is slight yellow tinge in bright sun, like today! But, once my metal starts to lose it''s rhodium, it will look fine. All in all I am happy, maybe in a year or 2 I will upgrade color, but not size. Love the size, actually, I wish my band was thinner, like a 1/2 carat instead of 1 carat.

Specs:
1.53 Radiant
6.86 x 6.32 x 4.46mm
SI-2
J- color
medium cut

This is a GemScan cert ( Canadian Cert.)

set with:
12 princess
2.5 x 2.4 x 1.75mm
wt. 1.01 ct
VS-1 - VS-2
F-G color
good cut

Total wt. 2.54ct.
6.4 grams

HATE HATE how fat my fingers look! Still waiting for the "baby weight" to come off!
29.gif

Let me know what you think!

again (2).jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
30.gif
I think it''s just beautiful, Sophie!!!

It sure looks white and bright to me!
3.gif

Congrats!

widget

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very pretty! Enjoy!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow- that''s very pretty

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Sophie, I think it''s perfect!!!
2.gif
Got any more pics to share??
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade!!! The stone looks fantastic in the setting
1.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
a third.... how do I do more than 1 at a time??

yeah.JPG

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OK This is one of my ALL TIME favorite setting types...channel set square stones, and with the X prong style!!! OMG I am SO jealous! I love the thicker look too. i love it! you lucky girl!!! soo classic and classy.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ladies!
Researcher, I am sure you hear it often but I have to tell you I am in love with your set. It is spectacular.

I forget to mention, current ring size 6.75 A.K. (After kids!!) yikes.....hahaaaaa

DSC03948.JPG

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful - what a lovely upgrade - love the setting as well. Fit for a princess!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, it''s beautiful! I love the side view!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats..it''s a beautiful set..

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love your set!!!
30.gif
30.gif

And I really like the thicker band! Very nice choice!!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Love it. Enjoy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie, I think it just beautiful, congrats!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 8:44:04 PM
Author: Sophie
another

It''s beautiful! I love the whole hand shot of it on your lap. I think the size of the bands is great!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely...and I love all these beautiful J stones!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Congratulations!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It is very sleek.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone for the compliments. I am very happy to have it done and on my hand. I was a little worried that I would be self conscious and feel like it was too big (after all, I doubled my size!) but, rest assured everyone, I feel it is "just right"!! I am sure my hubby will be glad to hear that. This has always been the style I wanted (classic, in my opinion) but I like how Jayson''s mom''s ring has a thinner band, I was looking for that look initially. I think I would have prefferred my side stones a little smaller thus making the w-band a little thinner... maybe 1/2 ct. instead of 1 carat... if only we could all have discovered this website BEFORE getting engaged or married, then we would all be set!!
17.gif

The only thing I might change.....my w-band is tapered on the underneath, which I like bc it is more comfortable (esp. with extra weight), but my e-ring is not.
Meaning, the e-ring has a more square edge and the e-ring is rounded, so the e-ring moves a bit. I will wear for awhile, but may end up shaving the inside a bit.

Ok ladies, I have enjoyed this site and love to post, even though I feel like I don''t really have too much to contribute. But thanks for making my nights more interesting!!
36.gif

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful rings! I really like the e-ring setting!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 8:34:35 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
IS THAT YOUR REAL RING ON YOUR FINGER (PICTURED IN AVATAR)--IF SO WHAT IS IT AND ARE THERE MORE PIX ANYWHERE??????????????????

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 9:00:35 AM
Author: windowshopper

Date: 11/8/2005 8:34:35 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
IS THAT YOUR REAL RING ON YOUR FINGER (PICTURED IN AVATAR)--IF SO WHAT IS IT AND ARE THERE MORE PIX ANYWHERE??????????????????
Check out HERE
2.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Such a classic setting!

Don''t worry about your ring size -- I went from a 5 to a 6 - 6 1/2 after kids! And my size hasn''t gone back done even after I lost most of the baby weight!
14.gif
I was told that pregnancy and childbirth can stretch out your joints and sometimes they don''t go back to their original size. Lucky me.
15.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh his that beautiful!! Love the square look! Man Radiants are really starting to creep into my
emlove.gif
!
Congrats!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 12:08:05 AM
Author: Sophie
thanks everyone for the compliments. I am very happy to have it done and on my hand. I was a little worried that I would be self conscious and feel like it was too big (after all, I doubled my size!) but, rest assured everyone, I feel it is ''just right''!! I am sure my hubby will be glad to hear that. This has always been the style I wanted (classic, in my opinion) but I like how Jayson''s mom''s ring has a thinner band, I was looking for that look initially. I think I would have prefferred my side stones a little smaller thus making the w-band a little thinner... maybe 1/2 ct. instead of 1 carat... if only we could all have discovered this website BEFORE getting engaged or married, then we would all be set!!
17.gif

The only thing I might change.....my w-band is tapered on the underneath, which I like bc it is more comfortable (esp. with extra weight), but my e-ring is not.
Meaning, the e-ring has a more square edge and the e-ring is rounded, so the e-ring moves a bit. I will wear for awhile, but may end up shaving the inside a bit.

Ok ladies, I have enjoyed this site and love to post, even though I feel like I don''t really have too much to contribute. But thanks for making my nights more interesting!!
36.gif

First of all Sophie, I love your wedding set. They upgraded e-ring and your wedding band are such a great match. As to the thiness of my band, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I''ve been telling dh that I''d like to get a different setting, something a little wider with more bling because I feel that my centerstone looks too top heavy compared to the rinky dinky sidestones. Keep your ring the way it is, it''s beautiful, and the centerstone size compliments your fingers well.

My p.K. (pre-kids) ring size was 5.5 with slim knuckles, and my a.k. ring size is probably smaller around the base of my fingers, probably more like 5 or 5.25, but my knuckles got HUGE! It''s so hard to push my rings through the knuckle part, but once they are in place, they swirl around the base. Darn those hormones!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am really happy with the radiant, even though I originally had a princess. Very similar look, but radiants are definately cheaper at present!

Jaysonsmom, you are right the grass, is always greener.... haha
probably what I will do is get another ring w a saph center with ia diamond halo of sorts with a thinner band to wear when I feel for something different. Heaven knows having options are always great! This will be something far off in the future somewhere... :)

BTW: can someone put this in the j-color thread, I have been having trouble finding it recently!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results