shape
carat
color
clarity

Should watch straps be altered

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On ladies bracelet watches, should the bracelet always be altered for a smaller wrist?

I have seen some wearing them very loose like a bracelet but then the watch bangs in things like desk when working. Is it just a fashion to not adjust the bracelet or is that a valid way of wearing a bracelet watch.

I am interested to know what jewellers and people in the trade think about this. I know that everyone is free to wear their watch as they see fit
3.gif

I was just wondering because I would think that watches with gold plating would wear more when worn loose.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My watch is 6.5 inches, which is even a little big to wear as a bracelet. Anyway, the reason why I wear it large is because I''m too cheap to get the links taken out.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks JulieN. I am in the UK and over here there is no charge for removing links from the bracelet at the jeweller it was purchased from.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m not in the trade but I have small wrists. I''ve found that any watch that can spin around, will, and the crystal will be scratched and gouged in no time flat. Consequently I have metal bands shortened.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results