shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
emstar.gif
a gift from my boyfriend''s mother. it belonged to her, but she never wears it. it''s apparently a 5ct aquamarine, but it looks soooo much bigger. So big, in fact, i don''t know that i could pull it off. sorry it''s the only pic i have.

thoughts?

seaglass.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that''s huge! It''s beautiful!
I''d accept it!
31.gif

It''s obvioulsy not an everyday ring but there are plenty of occasions when you could.

36.gif
Congrats and enjoy!
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I agree, even if you just wear it once or twice a year, it''s fantastic to have a gorgeous big ring to show off on those rare occasions!
1.gif
That''s what I do with my opal ring
5.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
My FMIL is an indian giver! She thought that it was going to be used to propose and that is why she was offering it. I told my BF that i''d prefer something much more traditional and a diamond so now she would prefer to "keep" the stone.

i wish i had never know about it.
emcry.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
awe, you poor thing! ah well, this way you''ll have your very own ring.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
ohhh, I''m sorry!!! But for an engagement ring, you''d much rather have your own, so just be glad he didn''t accept it and then that was ALL you were stuck with!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
good point, but i''m still ruffled...

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Not to worry... you could get yourself a GORGEOUS Auquamarine ring.. (with a better color) or hey.. even a yummy swiss blue Topaz Emreald cut for about (or less than 200$).. so that is a purchase you can make for yourself down the line.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!! that sounds great -- a self-purchase! Do you have any suggestions about where to find such a lovely?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
You should post this question in the Colored Stone section. Tell everyone you are looking for a swiss blue emerald cut topaz.. about 5+ carats... also search topaz in the search box.. you will come up with a bunch of info.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 5:25:25 PM
Author: lovelylulu
Thanks!!! that sounds great -- a self-purchase! Do you have any suggestions about where to find such a lovely?

I bought a bunch of stones for a few dollars (like $5.00-$20.00 each) on eBay, then asked Juan Lozano in Mexico to set them. They are EXACTLY the style I wanted and did not cost an arm and a leg! I will post a photo of them. Storm now has a rhodolite garnet I bought on eBay, although I think that one was more than $20.00. :)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 5:41:08 PM
Author: AGBF
I bought a bunch of stones for a few dollars (like $5.00-$20.00 each) on eBay, then asked Juan Lozano in Mexico to set them. They are EXACTLY the style I wanted and did not cost an arm and a leg! I will post a photo of them.

They are in this thread.

The topaz costs so little that you could buy it instead of a Starbucks fancy coffee one day. (Just don't drink it!)

Deb

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW.. those are great Deb.. very nice!! thanks for the Link... How are you getting your rhodolite set?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 9:05:34 PM
Author: MINE!!
WOW.. those are great Deb.. very nice!! thanks for the Link... How are you getting your rhodolite set?

I am sorry to have been confusing. Thank the Lord that we were discussing colored stones, not politics or we might have had words!!!

I was unclear. I bought these stones as well as some others on eBay. From a lot of different vendors at different times. I really thought that four identical rings was enough for me, so some stones remain unset! I set one red Mexican fire opal and I have another one. I also had a rhodolite. Ages ago I promised it to whoever helped me to design the setting I chose for my red spinel.

The red spinel was designed and made, but I never gave anyone the rhodolite as I had promised. (I had moved from Connecticut to Virginia and my belongings were in disarray. I also did not use the design of any one person helping me.)

Since the Pricescope community had helped me, I wanted to give someone the rhodolite as I had promised. I posted that I would give it to the first person who had contributed to my thread about designing a spinel ring and who said he wanted it. I PMed all the people who fit that category at the same time.

Storm said he wanted it, so I sent it to him. It was NOT some highly precious gem, and I do not think Storm is going to set it. This is a lot of to do about nothing. I didn't give anyone a Mogok ruby! (I wish I had one!)

Deb

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 10:38:18 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 11/2/2005 9:05:34 PM

I am sorry to have been confusing. Thank the Lord that we were discussing colored stones, not politics or we might have had words!!!

I was unclear. I bought these stones as well as some others on eBay. From a lot of different vendors at different times. I really thought that four identical rings was enough for me, so some stones remain unset! I set one red Mexican fire opal and I have another one. I also had a rhodolite. Ages ago I promised it to whoever helped me to design the setting I chose for my red spinel.

The red spinel was designed and made, but I never gave anyone the rhodolite as I had promised. (I had moved from Connecticut to Virginia and my belongings were in disarray. I also did not use the design of any one person helping me.)

Since the Pricescope community had helped me, I wanted to give someone the rhodolite as I had promised. I posted that I would give it to the first person who had contributed to my thread about designing a spinel ring and who said he wanted it. I PMed all the people who fit that category at the same time.

Storm said he wanted it, so I sent it to him. It was NOT some highly precious gem, and I do not think Storm is going to set it. This is a lot of to do about nothing. I didn''t give anyone a Mogok ruby! (I wish I had one!)

Deb

Ah...
28.gif

I get it... But I love your other rings.. very beautiful thank you for sharing them!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 10:41:19 PM
I get it... But I love your other rings.. very beautiful thank you for sharing them!!

I thank you for the compliment! I hope other people who are looking for inexpensive stones will take advantage of eBay as I have been able to. I still always study a vendor''s feedback, even when my purchase is small, however!

...and if LLL can buy a huge blue topaz on eBay, I hope she lets us know!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of this, LLL? The seller has only had 37 transactions, but the feedback is 100% positive. This is a large, light blue stone that could have the look of that aquamarine with which your FMIL tempted you!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to make sure that the thread in which we are now posting is linked to this one. If there is a breakthrough in the situation, I don't want anyone reading only one of the threads to miss it!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a 5 carat aquamarine by a seller with a 99.9% positive rating. (I have not read the feedback comments, though, or seen how many "neutrals" he received!)

aquamarine

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results