shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie seeks opinions on this RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock

Hello Pricescopers,

I have been lurking, learning and sometimes posting to this great forum. I would like to get some feedback from all the experts on this stone I am thinking about buying from Whiteflash. I have been working with Denise and she has been very helpful

1.gif
She says it is very sparkly and eye clean.

Here is a link to the stone: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6205504

Here are the stats:

Expert Selection
Carat: 0.705
Color: I
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.7
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.1
Girdle: thin
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.78-5.79X3.52

Thanks in advance!

krstone.jpeg

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the idealscope:

krstone2.jpeg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kit,
That stone is a winner. I love it. If Denise says it''s eye clean, I would go for it. Should be lovely.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a beauty!

Scintillating...

E B

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! A great choice.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! I really value the PS member opinions.

It seems like a good stone to me, but of course I have the internet-buying jitters.

I plugged the numbers into the HCA. It scored a 1.6, within TIC range. I suppose that is good news!

I am slightly concerned about the girdle, which is the only thing that bothers me about the stone. It scored a 1 on the Sarin because of the thinness. It would appear that it''s thin, but very thin in places. I am going to have it set in a 6-prong solitaire setting, I am hoping that this will help to protect the girdle and decrease the likelihood of "injury" to the stone.

Should I be worried about the girdle at all?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since it''s just thin and not extremely thin, or very thin I think it should be ok. Putting it in a 6 prong setting will certainly help to protect it. I would address your concerns with Denise about the girdle.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a nice stone - tried to convince somebody else on here to pick it up a few weeks ago! Consider the setting it will go into if you are concerned about the girdle. Call WF and ask them to look at it and give you an opinion on it, from an overall look as well as looking specifically at the girdle to make sure it will be ok. Perhaps they could recommend a certain style of setting if there is anything to worry about.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Delicious.
18.gif
Good choice.

shay

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much again! Will keep everyone posted on what happens.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results