shape
carat
color
clarity

J stone lovers... help~~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moso

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think about this stone?

1.61ct RB
color J
clarity S1
7.63*7.67*4.62
table 56%
depth 60.4%
polish/symm ex/ex

it''s GIA certified....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it has potential, but there is not enough information here to tell for sure. do you know anymore about it? can you get crown/pavilion angles or idealscope images?

moso

Rough_Rock
I don''t think I can get idealScope image. But I guess I can try to get the other information...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen it? a well cut j will face up very white whereas the more average cuts will show color.

moso

Rough_Rock
I''ve seen this stone. It''s very shiny and when it''s next to an H or G, I can''t really see too much of color differences....only a little bit.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you''ve seen it and compared it to other stones of similar quality and found it to be pleasing to your eyes, then you might have found the one
2.gif

moso

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks promising, but more info like a sarin would help...but if you are comfortable with viewing it then the decision is really yours!! there''s not too much to say based on what you gave us other than it has a very nice set of numbers and i like the EX EX polish and symm.

good luck!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Like others posted above, we need a little more information to really give an opinion. But this much I CAN say... I LOVE the size, I love the color, and I love the clarity! If you have seen it, compared it with other diamonds, and observed it in various lighting situations - and you love it... then I say go for it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Mara, belle and Lynn. You''ve seen this stone and to you it''s beautiful. Sometimes you have to trust your eyes. I like the specs on it and love the EX/EX. If you can get the crown and pavillion angles and IS that would help too. But you may have found the one, I hope so. Keep us posted, good luck!!!
1.gif

moso

Rough_Rock
Ok guys... I found out the angles

crown 34.6
pavilion 40.8

Good? Bad??

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

When those angles are plugged into the HCA one gets the following (assuming a pointed culet):

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.2 - Excellent
within TIC range

So numbers appear to be great, and if your eye''s love it, looks like a winner
36.gif

moso

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Your reply just made me feel so much better!! So now I know this stone is good... Can you tell me where to get the numbers calculated? How about price ?? $7900 good?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good numbers! and price is good too!! I say GET IT!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice angles
2.gif
i think it IS the one!
36.gif

moso

Rough_Rock
Oh you guys are the best!!!!! J stone...Here I come
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like it''s the one, congrats!!!
1.gif

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi Moso,

You can plug in the specs of your potential stone there:

HCA

As for pricing, I will defer to others, since I am not really current. Happy to have been able to help.

Best regards,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results