shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm AS,

No wonder you went over your budget. I have not yet heard of the guy buying both rings prior to the engagement.

Board is this a common practice...?

DKS

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No.
Are the I1s eye clean?

AugustSentinel

Rough_Rock
hey guys. just checking in real fast. are you sure the engagement ring link didnt work? I just tried it and it went for me. If not I will just upload the pics later tonite.

I bought the band and the ring at the same time so I knew they would look good together. Plus they both came a good price. AND... I was told some do it. But then again I didnt even know there was a second ring to buy. I thought the engagement ring was it. HAHA. I about died when I found out there were two lol.

So in the end I went about 300 over budget but I think it was wise to do so. But otherwise... do yall think they look good?

-Justin

AugustSentinel

Rough_Rock
http://www.zales.com/catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?productID=16645319&queryby=c&categoryId=4268&pageNum=0&sortType=rank_over+ASC%2c+rank+ASC&newFilter=0&parentSearchId=0&gnFlag=0

there is the link outright. maybe that one will work. if not just go to Zales.com and look for a 1 CT. T.W. DIAMOND THREE STONE CUFF BAND IN 14K WHITE GOLD ring. Like I said I will get pics up as soon as she goes to bed. Any ideas for a hiding spot LOL?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 1:38:03 AM
Author: AugustSentinel
hey guys. just checking in real fast. are you sure the engagement ring link didnt work? I just tried it and it went for me. If not I will just upload the pics later tonite.

I bought the band and the ring at the same time so I knew they would look good together. Plus they both came a good price. AND... I was told some do it. But then again I didnt even know there was a second ring to buy. I thought the engagement ring was it. HAHA. I about died when I found out there were two lol.

So in the end I went about 300 over budget but I think it was wise to do so. But otherwise... do yall think they look good?

-Justin
Honestly no, they are I1 which means they are visably included....
Return the rings, reasearch about diamond quality here. Then try again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn''t get the link to work, but as Matatora says some I1''s can be visibly included, I have some clean ones but you need to search for them. Not what you want for an engagement ring. For your budget you can do better I''m sure, there is a lot to learn about diamonds, you still have a bit of time, we will help you to get educated if you would like and pick out something beautiful!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I just tried the link again and it worked!
36.gif
I think that the engagement ring is beautiful, and it will look great with the princess cut band. I can''t wait to see pics!!
30.gif
30.gif

~~P.S When you bought the rings, did you see any visible inclusions or were they all hidden in the setting???

AugustSentinel

Rough_Rock
hey guys.. well i just tried to take some pictures of the rings and I couldn''t get the camera to zoom in without making it all blurry. I will try again tonite.

Honestly... Ive been looking at the diamonds in the sunlight and I can''t see any inclusions in it. The diamonds are around .33 ct each so they are a little small. They look fine. perhaps the inclusions are covered by the... what do you call it? The thing the diamond sits in.

I might take them back tho. My boss gave me this thing for the store I bought them from where you get 25% off any purchase over a thousand. Sadly she gave it to me AFTER I bought these rings. So I am going to see if I can use it to upgrade the center diamond or get the same ring with higher quality diamonds. I don''t know if I will be able to but it can''t hurt to try. I think I have almost nailed the 12 gifts down. FINALLY!

Any ideas on how to throw her off the scent? She is getting curious with all my "sneaking" around and quiet talks with my dad. And one of our mutual friends said she is starting to think of a proposal coming. So I need to do something! I know she doesnt want to ruin the surprise but I also know that when it comes to engagement she (or any girl most likely) can''t help but keep thinking about it LOL.

-Justin

AugustSentinel

Rough_Rock
Oh... and the thing my boss gave me isnt good till the 5th or 6th. So I would love any advice anyone has to give on buying rings.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
read the tutorials, educate yourself on cut quality and the like. Also find out her preferred shape of stone, then choose the center based on her prefrence, the friend you mentioned should be able to find out.

AugustSentinel

Rough_Rock
hey guys. ok i went up to the jeweler today and talked to them about the stone quality and what the options were for upgrades. I took the Wedding Band back. I figured that it would be nice to both go and choose our wedding bands together. I would have more fun doing that myself and I think she would enjoy it myself.

So... with the credit I got for the wedding band and a little additional money... I upgraded all three stones in the ring. So I went from I1 clarity and I color to SI2 clarity and somewhere in between H and I color. And I have to say comparing the two side by side... it was AMAZING in the difference you could tell. The new stones are beautiful and seemed to be on fire. I don't know if there is really a major difference or it was just in my head... but the new stones looked alot better to me.

So now the ring is at the jeweler getting the new stones put in and I should have it next week. I can't wait till christmas. And like I said I couldn't get the digicam to take a clear picture so I took one off the zales site:

EDIT: ok that didnt work. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this forum. Umm... if you right click and choose View Image it takes you to the pic. Let me know what you guys think and if I made a better choice!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That''s great that you were able to upgrade the diamonds in the setting!! I can''t wait to see the pics when you get the ring back!!!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent!
36.gif
Nothing like seeing the difference with your own eyes, good job! You say the stones perform better too, the cut quality must be superior also which is great.

Ranger

Rough_Rock
I like the charm idea,...but HEY,....won''t she think something is up???? I know I would! Would this be something counting down the days to Christmas,..cause I was thinking she might think something is up (unless they do sweet things like this all the time). Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results