shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Which setting would you pick for my pear? I want a solitaire that I can wear with my band. I want platinum (you have all convinced me!) and I don''t want any side diamonds.

Here are a few of my choices. That is a picture of my diamond put in over a picture of the setting.

possible plat cath pear.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here is another type of setting I''m considering. And it''s again a pic of my diamond pasted onto a pic of a setting.

possible cath pear 2.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Or, if I did choose a setting with diamonds, it would be like this, but I''d have to wait like another year to have it done, and I''m not sure I want it that badly, but it is the other look I really like. I would not be able to wear it with my band, though, which if I got it I would be okay with.

possible baguette setting for pear.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first and the second one. I love solid rounded shiny shanks. I have a platinum wedding band like that and I love it.
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Bagpuss
I like the first and the second one. I love solid rounded shiny shanks. I have a platinum wedding band like that and I love it.
9.gif
Ditto Bagpuss!
9.gif
I too much prefer the flowing liquid look of the first two..especially the second..

So many people are now looking for skinny skinny shanks, but I like feminine but still substantial ones...

widget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one. I like the weight and how rounded it is.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the second one as well. Very classy and pretty!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the second one!!
30.gif
30.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
The Second one!! YUMMY!!
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the second one!!! I think you pear will look fab in it!!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, love the second one, yummy...

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Me too, gotta be the second one! Gorgous!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! The second one is my pick as well. I have been lusting after that setting for awhile. Since this will be the third time having this pear set, I want to make absolutely sure I get what I want this time. I thought I had it with the current setting, but as soon as I picked it up my heart sank. I knew it didn''t show to it''s best advantage, although I think they did a nice job setting it. Sometimes with a pear they really pinch that v-prong, which was the case before and it always bothered me.

One question, if anyone knows, can''t they just pop that peg head out of the ring without taking the diamond out and then re-solder it into the next ring? I was told by Helzberg''s that they can and it''s not at all a problem and will save money. The other jeweler told me they have to take it out of the head and completely re-set it (which seems like possibly a way for them to charge more and maybe they won''t even do it, kind of like how I''m not sure they actually re-dipped when I took it back to be re-rhodiummed -- that''s another story).

My husband doesn''t like the idea of wearing a wedding band and an engagement ring very much. He likes just a solitaire with no other band. His pick is the first one, which is from Helzberg''s. He likes them for some reason. I think he likes their long standing in the community and feels more secure with them than the jeweler the second one is from. But I let him know I really prefer the second one and I''m going to let him "surprise" me. I really want a little romance associated with this ring, and since I''m the one who picked the diamond and did all the foot work with the previous settings, that has been missing. It could be next month or next year before he does it. I''m hoping sooner, of course, but I can wait. I hope he doesn''t do something manly like just hand it to me and say, "here." I''m going to drop a few hints about that (most men need hints, don''t they). I think that is my major, major thing now -- I need some romance!!! Dinner and candle light would be nice.
36.gif

Thanks very much for all your input.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results