clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Emerald

31071.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss, I love your new tanzanite ring it''s just yummy. Ok spill the beans on your lovely sapphire ring, is it old??? Please tell us about it. I am drooling over it.
3.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Aqua
15082.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
diaspore
21084.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Paraiba
3457.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Russian diopside halo
957d5a79.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Lastly, opal doublet (and friends)
310722.jpg

This was fun!
9.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, nice collection, Bagpuss! I love the new Tanzanite. That''s one I don''t have and have always wanted!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks
21.gif

Yes, the tanzanite is new; I''ve only had it a couple of weeks. I bought from a friend in the USA. It was custom made for her.

Here are the specs:
Triangular brilliant tanzanite stone (semi bezel set) that measures 10.3x10.6x5.7mm and weighs 3.17cts.
Center stone displays a strong deep blue violet body color. Plus 5 channel set accent diamonds G-H in color and SI clarity that measure 2.7mm, total diamond weight = 0.45cts

The sapphire is a modern piece custom made by my local jeweller for my 25th wedding anniversary.

Here are the specs
18ct yellow gold
Oval Ceylon Sapphire 1.70ct
12 rb G/SI 0.67pts

I just put the sapphire back into my jeweller to have it repaired - I managed to snag a prong quite violently and snapped it off entirely
6.gif
and I lost one of the diamonds in the process.
8.gif
But I should have it back soon and I''ll be more careful with it in future.
21.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was sent into a fit of envy when I saw that widget had a substantial ruby, sapphire, and emerald. Those were the stones, seen tumbling out of pirate treasure chests in childhood picture books, that I always wanted to own! Now I see Bagpuss, also, has substantial stone of each type (and I LOVE the emerald and the sapphire) of large proportions! I do not have a substanial, good color ruby, emerald, or sapphire! I must be doing something wrong!

Probably the problem is that I spend every extra cent (that can go into jewelry) on high karat gold pieces!

PS-I envy SuziQ's collection as well!

Deb

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, shame.
2.gif
Seriously, I''m flattered you like them. Some of the girls here have some quite awesome coloured gemstone jewellery - way beyond anything I''ve collected. I just chose stuff I liked at the time, without reference to whether or not it was a top of the line example of its type.

Coloured gemstone jewellery was my first love, before I found big diamonds
21.gif

Most of the items were bought over the years as birthday, anniversary or Christmas gifts from dh.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 2:55:38 PM
Author: suziQ
I don''t know the stats on the yellow diamond. I actually bought it in a mall store...lol. The total carat weight of the ring is over 1 carat, and that includes the pave stones. The setting looks to be kind of a hybrid of channel setting and bezel setting. I''m not sure what it''s called. I''ve tried to find out if there is a name for it, but haven''t found it. The diamond is very spready and not very deep at all. I''m assuming it isn''t the best cut, but it''s totally eye clean and sparkles really well. I had my eye on it for a while, just because it had such an unique look. I debated for a long time between that ring and a hot tub...the ring won.
I debated for a long time between that ring and a hot tub...the ring won.
9.gif
9.gif

You''re my kind of girl, suzi!

Love the ring, btw.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
That''s one beautiful sapphire (excuse me while I wipe off the drool) and diamond ring.
Date: 6/2/2005 1:10:40 PM
Author: velouriaL
sapphirering.jpg

The following Picture was posted by Author: PreCiouSJeWeL920
Sapphire: 1.80 ct natural unheated from cherrypicked.com
Diamonds: 0.83 ct G/H, VS
Platinum setting, ring size 2 1/2.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have to check this thread more often--what a lot of treasure has appeared since I last looked!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2005 5:55:40 PM
Author: Bagpuss
That's one beautiful sapphire (excuse me while I wipe off the drool) and diamond ring.

Date: 6/2/2005 1:10:40 PM

Author: velouriaL

sapphirering.jpg

The following Picture was posted by Author: PreCiouSJeWeL920

Sapphire: 1.80 ct natural unheated from cherrypicked.com

Diamonds: 0.83 ct G/H, VS

Platinum setting, ring size 2 1/2.

Yes, it is awe-inspiring. I didn't comment on it or on Ladyluck's sapphire because they were posted earler in the thread, but they are both to die for! So is LaurenThePartier's. Why does everyone have an exquisite sapphire and diamond ring!!??

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 3:40:38 PM
Author: MINE!!
OK.. One more.. I love this one too.

AGBF's Spinel

The ring is a 'handmade, 18K yellow gold and platinum, diamond and spinel ring. The center is an oval, untreated spinel, gem quality, exhibiting an intense red, similar to that of a red traffic light. The stone measure 7.5 x 6mm, with a carat weight of 178/100, and it is set in a platinum four-double prong basket. Set on the sides are two round diamonds and they are as follows: carat weight of 34/100, ideal cut, D in color, VVS-1, AGS cert (cert numbers omitted), and they are perfectly matched.... The diamonds are set in platinum four prong crowns. The band is 18K yellow gold with a soft square edge.'

So: the spinel is 1.78 carats and measures 7.5 x 6 mm.

each diamond is a .34 carat rb, D color, VVS-1 clarity, AGS ideal cut.

I am not sure how this turned out? Did you get this one AGBF? It is beautiful!

I just saw your question, Mine. I didn't "get" the ring; I had it assembled...and not quickly, either! It took me years to get my act together. I bought the spinel first. The wholesaler for the red spinel was Pala Gems while Dick Hughes still worked for them. I didn't yet "know" him from Pricescope back when I bought the stone, but he was a celebrity to me becasue I owned (and revered) his book, Ruby and Sapphire. So when I decided to buy the stone I asked that Pala send me a description of the stone signed by the famous Dick Hughes! I wanted his autograph!!! (What a groupie I can be!)

Later I decided on two pear shaped diamond sidestones that I thought would look good with the red spinel. I bought them and photographed them next to the spinel. I loved them, but they never looked quite right to me. They looked too big for the spinel.

Eventually I bought a tanzanite stone and set it with those two pears. (You posted my tanzanite ring in this thread, too. Thank you!)

I now had a tanzanite ring, but the spinel was still unset. Then I decided on the stones to flank the spinel. By now I had already done pears (with the tanzanite). So I decided to use rounds.

The only sad part of the story is that the spinel is seriously included. Pala Gems has promised to replace it when they find a suitable replacement. The ring is in Connecticut. I am in Virginia. When I get together with the ring, I can wear it until Pala Gems replaces the spinel [which I hope will be during this lifetime] ;-).

Deb

PostedRedSpinel.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I just realised that I never shared these colour candy in this thread so here's more of my stuff....

Amethyst "set" - I bought them separately but sometimes wear them as a set.

MLAmethyst.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
3 sets of earrings/pendant comprising of amethyst, peridot, blue topaz and citrine...

ColCandySets.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the matching butterfly ring...

ColButterFlyRing.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pair of tourmaline earrings that also double up as pendants when I push the stem down.

TourmlEarg.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Tourmaline pendant...

TourmalinePendant3.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Green tourmaline with diamond ring...

GrnTrmlRHR.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Lemon topaz, orange spess & diamond pendant....

LemTopzPendant.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva,

I love the jewelry pieces you have in which several colors are combined. Very striking. I also think the purple stones have great color (at least on my monitor). I am assuming they are amethysts, not aquamarines?

Deb

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 6:26:03 AM
Author: DiaDiva
Tourmaline pendant...
That is such a pretty pendant. I love the fine halo - it really sets off the centre stone. Could you tell me the size (mm) of the tourmaline?

The rest of your stuff is spectacular - the colour combinations are wonderful, esp. that last pendant.
3.gif

I''m a jewellery addict too. Must have a piece every few months, get withdrawal symptoms if I don''t see new stuff, hang around with other addicts.... you know the way it goes
2.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock

The only sad part of the story is that the spinel is seriously included. Pala Gems has promised to replace it when they find a suitable replacement. The ring is in Connecticut. I am in Virginia. When I get together with the ring, I can wear it until Pala Gems replaces the spinel [which I hope will be during this lifetime] ;-).

Deb

It''s such a shame this has happend, AGBF, I was following the story in the other threads. The ring looks great too - love those pointy double claws.
2.gif

I hope they do manage to find you a replacement stone that you like. Finding gemstones with just the right shade can be a nightmare - much worse than looking for diamonds - they''re easy by comparison. I''ve been looking for four years now for a sapphire bracelet to match my ring, but the sapphires are never quite the same shade as the one in my ring.
7.gif

One day, maybe.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2005 10:33:04 AM
Author: Bagpuss
Finding gemstones with just the right shade can be a nightmare - much worse than looking for diamonds - they're easy by comparison. I've been looking for four years now for a sapphire bracelet to match my ring, but the sapphires are never quite the same shade as the one in my ring.
7.gif

One day, maybe.

And when you do find some, we will be the first to know, right? In fact, could we help you to look now? I bet some of our colored gem experts could find you a match!!! The thought of building you a bracelet is thrilling...especially since I am in full tennis bracelet mode from all the recent postings about tennis bracelets!

What kind of setting did you have in mind? And should we be discussing the making of a bracelet of colored gemstones here or in Jewelry Pieces?
18.gif

Deb :)

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Please, please don''t tempt me you wicked woman!
11.gif

I just bought that 3ct Tanzanite, I''ve got Wink making me up a little something and I''m on the point of ordering a full diamond eternity band. I have a very understanding husband but even he has his breaking point ---->
29.gif

Maybe next year.
21.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Deb, you''re right, it''s amethyst, my typo. Was posting too many pictures at one go and went a little crazy.

While I love the sparkle of diamonds, the richness of colour stones is just in a class of its own.

Bagpuss, I don''t remember the caratage of the round tourmaline with the halo but the diameter of the stone is around 10mm. Hope that helps put some perspective on size. If I have time this weekend, I''ll take some neck shots.

I haven''t posted a green tourmaline pendant that I have which is set with a diamond bale. Need to take some shots of that too.

Thanks for liking my stuff. I don''t wear the colour stones enough and need to start doing so.

Any of you like pearls? I have tons of freshwater pearls and some southsea as well. Maybe we need to start a thread on that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results