shape
carat
color
clarity

soldered rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Hi, my grandmother recently passed away and my mom gave me her wedding and engagement rings hoping I would use them I guess. The boyfriend just rolls his eyes at the concept even though we''ve talked about it. They''re really pretty however they are soldered together and it looks like it would be hard to take apart. I was wondering if it would be possible to take it apart. They''re also made up of a lot of smaller diamonds and there isn''t really one big main stone. I was thinking I could maybe design another two rings with them with maybe a sapphire for the main stone. What do you guys think? Thanks :) I might try taking a picture of the ring just to show you what I''m talking about.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
attatched is a picture of the rings. They are 14k white gold. I am not sure how old it is..maybe 20-30 yrs since this was from her 3rd marriage, but they came as a set.

IMG_0461.JPG

CarverTripp

Rough_Rock
It sould be fairly simple to separate these two rings. Since we can''t see the bottom however, it may be nessesary to reshank them. it really depends on how thin they are at the solder point. Find a good goldsmith to have a look at it. Hope that helps
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results