shape
carat
color
clarity

cool funky wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
I personally don''t think that there is anything wrong with switching out rings. That also doesn''t mean that my set is not dear to my heart. I am a very sentemental person. I would actually love for my original set to be an heirloom at some point. My point for wanting a stand alone ring was for work. I work with my hands (healthcare) and I knock it around all the time (as it is very delicate.) I also has a husband that knows I like jewelry so he doesn''t have a problem with it. He''s not offended. Funny thing is that he changes between his diamond band and titanium band all the time. To each their own I suppose.

Regards,

Amanda

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
This is an interesting topic. I can see where a man would feel hurt when we decide to upgrade, or add, to a wedding set. I''ve already had this converstion with my b/f. He knows the current ring that we are working on is "THE ONE", but I know that I would love another diamond ring some time in the future.

The ring we are having made is a 3c oval. i''m going to have two micropave eternity bands on each side of the solitare. Part of the reason for making that decision is b/c I know there are going to be places that I do not want to wear a 3c, so I can wear my two eternity bands
9.gif
But, I''m never satisfied
20.gif
...I''ll see emerald cuts, and asshers, and sapphires and I get soo many ideas
27.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my ring (sorry, no hand pics yet). It is actually my only w-band, but I do wear it solo most of the time. I only wear my e-ring (on the right because it doesn''t fit with the w-band) when I want to dress up. I would love to wear my e-ring daily, but I''m finishing school and I feel odd wearing so much bling on campus, particularly at night when I have to walk alone through the dark parking lot.
My w-band is definitely unconventional (heck, it''s technically an ''anniversary'' ring). I went with this style because my DH and I knew we''d be upgraders. While the e-ring and w-band we were engaged and married with will always have a special meaning to us, and I will never sell or trade-in either, they do not define our relationship, so neither one of us has a problem with changing rings (as long as there is always a piece of jewelry on our left ring fingers
2.gif
).
0355058_lg.jpg

peanuts

Rough_Rock
I''m loving this thread... as someone with who may never "upgrade" AND a teeny-tiny budget I am really debating about whether to get a fun band like the one indie picked (have you ordered it yet?) or a more traditional e-ring and a thin w-ring to go with it. it''s so hard to decide... it seems like most women wear the w-ring on a day-to day basis, so i figure, why not spend the budget on that? Anyway, thanks for the great bands that everyone posted!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Cool thread... I like the idea of having one diamond eternity band, and letting that stand alone!!
2.gif

peanuts

Rough_Rock
Check out this beauty! has anyone seen this on a smaller scale? (i.e. not 3 carats?) those wavy edges are amazing!

firenzescallop.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Peanuts,
I have seen a band similar to that in person, and it was awesome!!!! I don''t recall the designer or what the carat weight was, but I would think that 3 ct would not be too big since it is eternity. Of course, I like ''em big!
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 12:34:42 PM
Author: Psychobroker
I''m sorry, but what''s the point of the set''s wring if you''re not going to wear it, or worse, play musical rings? For me, the wring means as much as the ering, as it symbolizes the everlasting and eternal. Swapping it out diminishes the meaning behind it, in my opinion.

Having said that, the ring you linked is gorgeous!
When I got married, over 19 years ago, my intention was to wear the ring we were married with FOREVER. Ha! Frankly, after 10 years with that band on, I was ready for something else. My original band did not have any diamonds in it because we had no money for that then. I got a diamond wedding band at around our 10th anniversary.

Since then, I have gotten a couple other bands/rings that I switch around, and I like that.

My original wedding ring means more to me than the rest of my jewelry combined, though I never wear it anymore. Even if it''s not on my hand, the meaning will NEVER be diminshed.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Peanuts,

That''s a cool looking band! Where did you find the pic (or did I just miss something?)

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
I saw this ring in a magazine today, and thought of this thread!!!

The ring is alternating emeralds and RBs, from Ron Rizzo. He works out of East Hills, Long Island - this is the first time I''ve heard of him, but he''s got some funky things on his site!

ECboxring.jpg

www.ronrizzo.com

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy Shiney. This is also from their website. I would like one of each please. They say they are prices between $500-$900.

whitegoldstackrings.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results