shape
carat
color
clarity

non-designer halo rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waves044

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a halo engagment ring setting that is affordable I love the rittani and michael b designs, but they are way out of our budget! I am hoping for either a pear or princess cut setting, very simple pave halo with 2mm or less band part. Our budget for the center stone and setting is ideally less than 3500. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would email a few of the vendors, JamesAllen, WhiteFlash, and GoodOldGold and see what they can do for you. I think with that budget you are going to need to go custom. What size ring do you wear? What size center stone are you aiming for?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I respectfully disagree with Mata ... I don''t think custom is an option here. It is only less expensive than name designers once you reach a certain price point IMO.

I think you''ve got a better bet at finding an "off the shelf" halo setting for a princess than a pear (I''ve only see custom pear settings that "work")

I know Jessegirl has a Carl Blackburn setting but I think that''s out of the range as well. Lemmie look around & see what I can find. Are you looking for white gold or yellow?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Your best bet is definitely an off-the-shelf type halo setting, as far as trying to keep the price down. I have a pear, and I will tell you, finding a suitable halo will be impossible unless you go custom. Settings in general that look good with pears (unless it''s a simple setting) are a HUGE challenge. I almost traded in my pear because of it, but I ultimately went custom, and it all worked out.

There are some off-the-shelf halos for princess stones that I think would be great. Check this out:

http://www.adwar.com/products/catalog18/page1084/index.html

I don''t know the prices, but I''m sure they will be less than custom and most definitely less than Ritani.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Deco. custom is still going to eat up most of you budget. I''ll also look around and see if there''s anything premade that might work. If you''d be able to save up a bit more Pearlman''s carries this Ritani, which would include the center stone. it''s always a good idea to ask a jeweler to see if you can negotiate the price too
2.gif

this one is an asscher but i''ve seen it with a princess..

05QQ13.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good find Diamondlil...most jewelers would be able to get an the adwar settings...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Adwar collection that''s posted ... here are some stone options. GOG might be able to get the Adwar for ya?

This is from Good Old Gold ... it''s "call for price" but probably between the $2K of a .5 and the $4K of a 1ct ...??

http://www.goodoldgold.com/princess_0_73ct_g_vs2_ags_0_light_perf_.htm
http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_76ct_e_vs2_princess.htm

Also ..

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_542ct_e_vs1_princess_ags-ideal.htm

crispy

Rough_Rock
I''m in a pretty similar situation (although looking for an asscher for about $4000) and I think it would be doable for a simple halo ring with about a .5 carat center stone. I have been struggling with the fact that I will spend more on the setting than the center stone, but I really love the look of the halos and thought the .5 size was perfect. So I think you should definitely call around and see what can be done (like the whiteflash round white gold halos are $1500, maybe they could do a custom one for not much more?). I''ll be following this thread to see what happens!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Although $1500 seems a very fair price for the top-quality halo setting one would get from WF, I would think the Adwar would be less. If anyone finds out for sure, please post the prices here. I''m curious about a price comparison.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at FayCullen? They may have more settings without stones.

With your budget I''d consider using WF for quality of stones and setting. Their "off the rack" round halo is very nice.

faycullen sq P.JPG

waves044

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help.

How does Adwar work. Would I be able to get a price quote on a cast directly through them or would I have to go through a jeweler?

Also, the ring that started my quest for a halo was from Whitehall/lundstrom jewelers. I know that the general concensus is that chain stores are not the way to go, but it was a .5 ct center 1 ct total weight halo. I dont remember the specifics of the center but it was def. lower quality, for around 3400. Is this maybe a better deal than we originally thought?

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
My Ritani halo was less than 3500. I believe it was 2,500 or 2,600. Something like that but definitely less than 3,500 and Michael B.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2005 1:23:08 PM
Author: waves044
Thanks for all the help.

How does Adwar work. Would I be able to get a price quote on a cast directly through them or would I have to go through a jeweler?

Also, the ring that started my quest for a halo was from Whitehall/lundstrom jewelers. I know that the general concensus is that chain stores are not the way to go, but it was a .5 ct center 1 ct total weight halo. I dont remember the specifics of the center but it was def. lower quality, for around 3400. Is this maybe a better deal than we originally thought?

i wouldn''t. sounds like a lot for lower quality stone. The Ritani I posted was a .5 with much better specs for a little over $4000. I would call Jonathan at GoodoldGold and tell him what your looking for regarding your diamond and setting and see what he can do.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh sorry I missed the princess part!
emembarrassed.gif

As for an asscher halo, what about this one from Facets?

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Crispy, I have an asscher stone (.87 G, VS2) with a Carl Blackburn ( little discussed designer around here) art deco, halo setting in platinum. The setting was around 2800, the stone around 4000. Total cost just under 7000 and I got a GORGEOUS ring. You can get more than .50 for 4 grand.

crispy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jessesgrl! I just looked at Carl Blackburn''s stuff and it''s gorgeous--as is your ring!! I think I may be able to eek out something more like a .6 or .65 for $4000, but we''ll see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results