shape
carat
color
clarity

Mixing Amber and Diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Since my name is Amber, I''m very fond of amber jewelry. My bf and I are thinking of perhaps putting two small amber side stones with my future E-ring. I''d like a RB cut with perhaps two small round ambers, or possibly trillion shaped or rectangular. Amber comes in a variety of colors (for instance, my ring finger is now sporting one with two green round on the outsides, two regular amber colored rectangles surrounding a yellow amber circle center. If carats applies to amber the circles would be .25 carats and the rectangles would be about .50. I want a w gold band, so would this work? Diamonds and amber?
33.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Amber and Diamonds could work. Seems like Amber is usually set into more funky, often times, sterling silver jewerly, whereas diamonds are generally more traditional. The combination could be very unique and interesting, if you''re able to find some finely finished Amber to match the diamonds and a setting to compliment both. (I think too earthy of Amber may look odd!)

FWIW, I have a ring with an emerald-cut orange citrine and two square baquette diamonds flanking it and the color combo looks GORGEOUS. Very great contrast. The diamonds are set with white gold prongs and the citrine and shank are all 14K yellow gold.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting idea.. I like it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
correct me if i am wrong, but i think amber is a softer stone. it can''t be cleaned in ways a diamond can, say ultrasonically. this is the only potential concern i can think of.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 3:00:47 PM
Author: jcrow
correct me if i am wrong, but i think amber is a softer stone. it can''t be cleaned in ways a diamond can, say ultrasonically. this is the only potential concern i can think of.
oooh, yeah, you''re right. It has a hardness of between 2-3! This probably is too significant of a characteristic to overlook.

Still the idea of amber and diamonds does sound intriquing. Possibly a pendant?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
You both are absolutely right. Too bad, though. I so loved the idea of mixing the two together. Maybe I could make a band of amber baguettes, or something. It wouldn''t match my ring at all, so basically it would just be another ring and not my w band. Shoot. I have a pendant he bought me the first time we dated about 7 years ago that the dog just broke, so maybe I can have that redone somehow. Thanks for your help!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Amberwaves,

I just wanted to say what an adorable dog you have in your avatar!!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

And good luck with figuring out the e-ring. I would definitely err on the side of caution concerning the softness of amber, but I''m sure you will come up with something that will work!! A necklace sounds like a good idea! And how about some matching earrings too?
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, the avatar is my puppy, Woofie. He''s a mini-dachshund and just cute as everything! When it comes to amber, my bf buys me what he thinks I''ll love (which is almost everything), so he''s good at that. Now I just need to find out what he''s doing on the e-ring front. You can only do so much hinting before it comes out as a demand.
2.gif
He''s one of the sweeties who wants to surprise me. Can''t fault him for that. My brother actually bought me some earrings from australia that are white gold hoops with amber slides hanging off them. I didn''t want to tell him that my earlobes are a little too chubby for them.
5.gif
Any other amber colored stones I could pair with diamonds? Topaz is my birth stone (November) or maybe that''s citrine now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results