shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Choosing Eternity Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bamboo212

Rough_Rock
My head is spinning with too much infomation, and I can''t seem to put all that info together! I am looking for an eternity band in the 1.5 - 2 carat range. Would like roung diamonds, shared prong setting. The ring is easy enough to find, but the price swings from $5000. at my local jeweler, all the way down to $1700.00 from vendors on Ebay. All "claim" to be somewhere in the F-G range, and VS-SI. In a 1.50 tw eternity band - there can be as few as 20 diamonds, or as many as 27 for my size. Which is better? More smaller diamonds? I am scared of purchasing through Ebay, but the prices are so good, it is tempting! Most Ebay vendors have a disclaimer that the grading can be up to 25% different in color and clarity. That seems like ALOT to me! But is that a true statement about any diamonds?
33.gif
If anyone can offer some advice, I would appreciate it. I don''t want to make a costly mistake.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take a look at www.signedpieces.com . They have plenty of shared prong diamond eternity bands and they are ideal cuts and are F-G in color. I bought mine from them and I love it. HTH

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second signedpieces. they have many, many positive reviews here plus a very nice return policy if for some reason you''re not 100% happy. Signed Pieces actually sells on ebay and are one of the only ebay vendors I would recommend.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 10:19:32 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I second signedpieces. they have many, many positive reviews here plus a very nice return policy if for some reason you're not 100% happy. Signed Pieces actually sells on ebay and are one of the only ebay vendors I would recommend.
I have seen people mention SP eBay store, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Can you provide me with a link? Thanks!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Well, there is a simple explanation as to why you haven''t been able to find SP in ebay...they use their Facets name there! If you enter "facets" as part of the store name on the ebay store search it will be one of the results returned. It does seem as though they post many items at once and then allow those auctions to run out before posting more. So check their ebay store often.

Munchkin

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Munchkin! I never would have even thought to search using Facets. I'll have to check it out!
emteeth.gif

eta: I just did a search under "facets" but all I came up with a name that has no feedback, so I don't think that's it. Maybe I'm just not searching in the right way?

edited again: I just found Facets, but it's under Facets* (with the * at the end of the name).

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely check out SP. Their prices are very competitive and their stones are all premium to ideal. You can search here on PS for many great reviews for them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results