shape
carat
color
clarity

Titanium Ring issue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asianhalfpint

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My fiance and I just bought our titanium wedding bands. We are aware that resizing is not really possible with the titanium bands, but then yesterday, someone at work said that if our fingers swell up, they can''t cut off the band and they have to cut off our fingers! Is this really true?
33.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been told different things.
If anything happens, say a broken finger, go to the fire department, they have the equipment to cut it off.
Others say it''s about as difficult to cut as platinum.
Some suggest that you might be in trouble if something happens.
The truth: I''m not sure what the absolute truth is.

Scintillating...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My bf wants a titanium band as well, and this has never occured to me! He''s an athlete and coach and all the other materials are too soft for a band for him. Is titanium the same as tungsten? I wonder if this goes for all the hard metals.
33.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
NO, you get to keep your fingers. It is true that a special cutter or blade has be to used to get through titanium..(emergency centers are aware and always ahead of us). Kinda like rock sissors paper....but if you are in an accident that the ring has to be cut off...it wouldn''t matter if it were sterling, gold, or platinum. The cutting off of the ring is still going to happen regardless of the matterial. The issue is the blade to use.

Call the titanium dealer. Tell him your reservations...and then call an emergency center.

I think your mind will be at ease. Also type in the word titanium in the search box...there are many postings that refer to stretching titanium for the resizing comment you made.

DKS

PS. I haven''t seen any more ring fingerless people around than usual. Have you? Oh, maybe that is the Wendys chili thing.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a link to Boone Ring''s FAQ webpage. It''ll answer a lot of your questions.

I bought a titanium band from Bruce and was very happy with the service, price, and quality.

asianhalfpint

Rough_Rock
With some more digging, I found that ''yes, you can cut through a titanium ring'' and ''no, they won''t have to cut off your finger to remove it''. Apparently it''s an urban myth and possible fabricated by jewelers who saw the rising sale of the very less expensive titanium rings rising and cutting (no pun intended) into their profits. Here are some links that debunks the claim:

http://www.titaniumconnection.com/

http://www.cascadiadesignstudio.com/faq-cut-off-ring.htm

http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/whytitrinjew.html

Sorry for any scare.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking into it. May I ask why you chose the titanium bands? And if this isn''t too nosy, what metal is your e-ring? I want a w gold e-ring (bf is working on it) and a white gold band as well. But my bf wants the titanium like I said earlier. I wonder if I got the titanium band as well if it would clash with the e-ring. Any opinions?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to be worried about the same thing but the ER has special metal cutters to cut the ring off. Don''t worry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results