shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please: Round F-SI1, .92, FIC !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoundMe

Rough_Rock
I''ve been after a TIC or FIC Round diamond just shy of a carat and think that I have found the right balance (including price) with this one. I would love some opinions.

Here are the specs (GIA cert with SARIN report):

Shape: Round
Size: .92ct
Clarity: SI1
Color: F
Table: 56.9%
Depth: 61%
Pav. Angle: 40.6 (40.3-40.9)
Cwn. Angle: 35.9 (35.5-36.5)
Pol/Sym: VG/EX
Culet: Pointed
Girdle: Thin to Medium (1.4% avg)

It gets an AGS 1 because of the high crown angle. I would normally be concerned with this (I thought this was going to be a TIC before I saw the SARIN), but the ideal scope looks very red and symmetrical (I will attach to a second post because I can''t seem to get two in one post).

Scores VG,EX,VG,VG = 1.6 EX FIC on the HCA

I''ve attached a 40x picture. A nasty looking line is clearly visable, however they promise me it''s 100% eye-clean.

I know it''s hard to say, but if anyone out there has an idea of what a good price would be for this stone, let me know that as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tim

RoundMe

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope Image attached.

-Tim

IS_GIA13735746.jpg

RoundMe

Rough_Rock
40x image attached.

DI40Xb.jpg

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an expert, but I''m guessing:

- it''s a find (how did you)
- broadly, it might be valued at $4200 plus or minus $400.

Based on the AGS1, I''m guessing it will come in below $4200, but based on what I think may be it''s value, I''m guessing you should consider it fair to go towards the higher end.

Finally, from the IS, I''m guessing that WF sourced it for you. If so, that should put you in an ideal situation to get expert judgement on this stone. Despite my recent general jibing, they have people well trained, as you may know, to provide this.

Regards,

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a Whiteflash stone to me - yet I don''t see it right away on their site. It looks fine - can you post a link to it?

RoundMe

Rough_Rock
You are correct, it is WF, and you''re right in there with the price as well, it''s $4212 which is right at your over/under.

Thanks for your feedback, any other thoughts?

RoundMe

Rough_Rock
Can''t post a link, I don''t think it''s on their site.. I called last week asking about another stone and ended up having this one brought in for a photo shoot.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This stone is a keeper.
It appears to have slightly painted upper girdle facets - so it will be a bit 8* looking and the loss of light you might expect near the outer edges of the stone will be stopped by the painting.

RoundMe

Rough_Rock
Garry,

Great to hear you think this stone is keeper material. Can you describe what you mean by "slightly painted" upper girdle facets?

Thanks,
Tim

RoundMe

Rough_Rock
It is on the site:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_details.aspx?idno=1796342

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH! OH! OH!
30.gif

I wanna see this baby! If you get it, photos are MANDATORY!!!
2.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results