shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my asscher...will post pics soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel831_99

Rough_Rock
I got my asscher! A big thanks to all of you that gave advice, especially Kalleigh and Storm, I really appreciated the input! Hopefully I will have some pics to post soon, when I ''officially'' get the ring. I am still making him do the whole proposal thing even though I have seen what I am getting, I am just old fashioned that way I guess! In the meantime, here is some info about the one I picked........

Weight: .90 carat
Depth: 70.2%
Table: 59%
Girdle: M to STHK, Polished
Clarity: VVS2
Color: I
Symmetry: G
Polish: X
Cutlet: N
Fluorescence: N
Dimensions: 5.33x5.16x3.62
Inscription on Girdle: GIA 13240286 (I did get to see this)

When I got to the store, he had two that had been shipped in according to my specifications. He had an F, SI1 and an H, VS2. The F was cut great but the inclusions were very visible and right in the middle. The H met all my specifications but the cut was not very well. The windmills didn''t really meet in the center like I wanted them to they just sort of stopped on the edge of the center (does this make sense?LOL), it just didn''t look good. I was about to give up but then he brought out the I, VVS2. I had initially not wanted an I, but when comparing it with the H, I couldn''t tell much difference in the color. They even let me walk outside and look at it under natural light and it was very white! The cut was just perfect, I just loved it.
30.gif
It was cut by Lazer Wolf, who I am not really familiar with, but cuts many of the diamonds that they get in. Apparently this is a good thing as he is very well-known. We went ahead and picked a setting, a simple 14k white gold modified cathedral. Oh the price was right around 3,700 I believe.

Let me know what you guys think! Can''t wait to show you!
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds awesome! and it spoke to you and thats what counts :}
cant wait to see the pictures.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations angel, that''s great news!!! Sounds like a beautiful asscher and I can''t wait to see the pics.
36.gif

angel831_99

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! Glad you think it sounds like a winner! I will have pics just as soon as I can. Have a great day!
35.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Don''t forget those hand shots!
9.gif

angel831_99

Rough_Rock
I definitely won''t!!!!!
25.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Sounds fabulous, Angel...can''t wait to see it!

Your story is a great reminder of how important "@y@balls are in choosing a diamond...expecially a fancy cut ones.

Congrats...
widget

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Sounds lovely, can''t wait to see pics...love those asschers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results