shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cms

Rough_Rock
If a diamond was within ideal cut proportions, why would it not state it on the certificate. It is an AGS report. The following is the info reported.

Round
Measurements: 8.21 x 8.23 . 4.99
Weight: 2.04

Total Depth: 60.7%
Table: 56%
Girdle: thin to medium
Culet: pointed

Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent

Clarity: SI 2
Grade: H
Flour: negligible

Crown angle: 33.9%
Pavilion angle: 40.9%
Table: 56%
Crown height: 14.7%
Pavilion height: 43.1%
Girdle: 1.0% - 1.7%
total depth: 60.7%

Can you see anything that i am missing here. the jeweler said it was ideal cut. Why wouldn''t that be stated on the cert.
Any info that you can give me i would really appreciate, thanks, have a great day!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if it is an ags dqd, it will say ''ideal'' on the document. you should be aware that ags changed their standards this year and many of the stones graded ''0'' under the old system will not make ideal under the new standards.
i would ask to see the document.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The diamond may have been submitted for a Diamond Quality Report, rather than a Diamond Quality Document. There are different reasons - it may not have been able to qualify for 'ideal' in polish or symmetry, for instance. Or, as Belle notes, it may not have been able to quality in light performance under the new system (though my understanding is that AGS may still be honoring requests for DQDs under the old proportions-based system).

Here is some discussion about this,
with posted examples. The examples are the old reports, but the info may be helpful.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is an example of the new dqd with explanations of the notations alongside

agsdqdexample.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results