shape
carat
color
clarity

Pastel Necklace and Matching Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
>Pastel Necklace and Matching Earrings[/u]

Mona, my dear friend at Grunberger Jewelers in Stamford, Connecticut, tried to sell me this necklace one day during the summer (in July, I think). I am fair with blonde hair and light eyes and I look good in light blue. Mona said that as soon as she saw the necklace, the thought of me. (She also said that she was going to buy one of these necklaces for herself!)

When I saw the necklace, I knew I would never wear it! I tried it on (of course). It looked great on me. I am just too traditional and my taste in jewelry is too classic to allow me to wear a lot of colored stones, however! I, however, instantly thought of my blue-eyed mother who looks great in light blue! My mother, all my life, wore crystal necklaces when she dressed up.

I had the necklace (which looks like crystal, but is stones) made up so that it would fit her more loosely as she is 87 and would not want to be constrained by a choker. I also schemed with Mona to have earrings made (on gold) to match. Mona and I moved the topaz beads around a lot before we decided on the exact look we wanted. We also decided to do away with the pale yellow stones in the necklace (although they were beautiful), to make the pale blue stand out.

My parents are visitng us and I gave the jewelry to my mother when it arrived a couple of days ago. It looks great on her. She said she had never owned anything so, "important" and, she was sure, anything so expensive! I love my mother and father very much and every time I get to do something for them, it is a pleasure.

I will be posting a series of photos (well, four of them, at least!).

Deb

PastelNecklace2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another shot of the necklace.

PastelNecklace1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the earrings.

PastelEarrings1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a second photo of the earrings.

PastelEarrings2.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How lovely!

I hope your mother will let you post a picture of her wearing the set. I would love to see that.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Deb,
What a beautiful set and what a thoughtful daughter you are! I bet your Mom is just thrilled
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that set, what a nice gift for your mom. My daughter has a smilar one and is much smaller, she loves briolettes. I hope you can post a pic of your mom with her new set, very thoughtful of you!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely set and lovely gesture!

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother was a good sport and modeled her jewelry although not dressed for it!

Buffy2101005.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the record, these photos do not do my poor mother justice!

Buffy3101005.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You''re right, that''s absolutely perfect on your mother. She has the perfect coloring for it. Such a lovely set.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
87 and she looks great! perhaps its that lovely new set that has her cheeks all rosey....

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2005 12:18:20 AM
Author: movie zombie
87 and she looks great! perhaps its that lovely new set that has her cheeks all rosey....

Thank you, but I do not think jewelry (or any material things) matter much to my mother. If anything makes her happy, it is her grandaughter upon whom she waits. She makes my daughter salads and plays hangman with her and helps her with her homework. Last week it was identifying parts of speech. (She is a former elementary school teacher.) My daughter adores her and named her, "Buffy". My mother says of my (adopted) daughter, "How did we ever live without her?"

Deb :)

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
That''s such a sweet story! I love the necklace, it looks fabulous on your Mom.

BTW, is that you playing the cello in your avatar?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2005 2:57:23 AM
Author: Jelly
BTW, is that you playing the cello in your avatar?

No, it''s my daughter. She was only 10 at the time the photograph was taken, but now is 13. She has played many instruments, some for several years (like cello for 5) and others only for a year (like both saxophone and clarinet). She has switched from cello to violin now (much to my dismay).

Deb

Tali

Rough_Rock
Deb, your mom is lovely. What a nice gift! May she wear it in good health.
1.gif

Tali

Rube

Shiny_Rock
That set looks wonderful on your mother!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results