shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a diamond on budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Princess 2 from WF I like this one again, it is within your 2k budget. You may also want to contact Rhino or JQ and give them your budget and see what they can find for you. Both have excellent reputations for helping people find what they want within their budget.
/images/site/d_lost.jpg/images/site/d_lostF.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I did not see any Princess cuts within your 2k budget on GOG''s list. But again I can say from personal experinces that Rhino is very helpful. JohnQ from Whiteflash is also very easy to work with.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 1:05:04 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 10/6/2005 12:19:51 AM
Author: msheikh25

Is it possible to tell quality from the pictures?
Depends on the pictures... allot. If neither you nor the seller can get details, than llooking at them is just good fun.

IMO, the darkfield shots taken to show clarity by GoodOldGold and the diffuse light pictures showing optical symmetry at Whiteflash are rather successful. Neither show the brilliance and beauty of diamonds, but help with specific treats of ;quality'. IdealScope and Asset pictures do the same in a different way. Other sellers have each their own trademark way of showing diamonds. Of course I prefer to have the things at hand... but... that is a different story and looking at just one diamond with no way to compare many and without knowing otherwise what to look for is less helpful than the slightly 'abstract' show online, IMO.

Hope this is not too confusing
2.gif

Just IMO, of course.
I agree with this summary. In the case of fancies it is always advisable to have 'live' feedback on the diamond, as reflectors and magnified shots reveal less than such photos reveal about rounds. I also advise people who've not done a lot of internet diamond shopping to keep in mind that magnified shots like these (ours are at 40x) are often more revealing than any comparisons you could make to live diamonds - unless you are seeing those live diamond under a microscope.

Matatora, I appreciate the mention. Thank you.

msheikh25

Rough_Rock
Well I finally got one!! http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_details.aspx?idno=1685897

I decided to go with everyone's advise and get something a little smaller to ensure quality. I think this one is pretty decently sized though; it is .78 carats but the measurements are 5.20x5.00x3.67. I have seen 1 carats where the top square is very close to this size, so hopefully it should look pretty good. Originally I was stuck on getting the largest stone in my price range so I overlooked the selection at whiteflash. After I refined my search criteria, I saw that whiteflash had the best selection for me. I had about 10+ stones to choose from and I narrowed it down to between this one, the .79 that was recommended to me twice in these posts. Jamie at whiteflash compared both head to head for me and sent me pictures for both and in the end, the .78 seemed to be a little better. i am supposed to recieve it tomorrow morning and I just hope that it doesnt look yellow like some of the I colored stones I have seen....although those were usually EGLs. I even got a 1% discount for mentioning pricescope!

I have attached the picture that was sent to me, let me know if you have any comments/feedback (I will also put up a picture of the completed ring, which will be in about 3-4 weeks though)...

DI40X_GIA13989369[2].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results