shape
carat
color
clarity

AIG Insurance (not lab)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kfds

Rough_Rock
Does any one have any experience with AIG Insurance for their e-ring?

I did a search her for "AIG" and only found posts on AIG lab.

When looking at insurance threads, they all seem to be about Chubb, State Farm, or Jewelers Mutual.

I have my auto insurance and renter''s insurance with them I will be faxing them my appraisal tomorrow. It will go to the underwriter and then if they approve a policy will be sent to me. But I''d like a heads-up from anyone that uses them, first.

What I''m really interested in is how expensive are they (comparitively). how they reimburse, and any experiences (good or bad) that anyone here has had.

Thanks!

kfds

Rough_Rock
Well, I faxed my appraisal and GIA cert, so the process is under way. Not sure what the turn-around will be as far as the review by the underwriters goes. I will update as I find out more to help the "next-guy".

But the floor is still open for anyone with experience with AIG Insurance.

Thanks!

kfds

Rough_Rock
Is it wrong to have a conversation with yourself in a thread?
3.gif

Well, they required that I first increase my coverage from $15k to $25k (I rent) before they could itemize the ring (I had to meet the minimum for coverage prior to being able to itemize).

This was nooo problem as this only resulted in a $25/year increase! But this does not yet include the ring.

I should find out shortly what the damage will be.

They said that in the event of loss or damage they attempt to replace with comparable quality and if that''s not possible, they will cut a check. As long as all of the diamond''s specs are included in the quote I feel that I will be able to expect/demand a diamond of equal optical quality.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you''ll be helping someone down the line who has the same question!

kwadz

Rough_Rock
kfds,

I''m in a similar boat and just about to go through AIG, where I have my homeowner''s policy. I attempted Chubb since I read so much good stuff about them on the web, but they require you to have your home insurance through them. Can you give me any insight on how your experience went with AIG? Your post is possibly the only thread on the entire internet that talks about AIG the insurance company insurance a ring.

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
kwadz,
the original poster in this thread has not posted in almost a year, so you probably won''t get a response. perhaps someone else who has seen this thread and used aig can help you out.

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Kwadz:

Actually, Chubb WILL insure a diamond ring WITHOUT homeowners insurance. Maybe the insurance agents won''t touch it, but if you do a search for Chubb on this site, many people have called up Chubb directly and opened up a policy. You can do it all over the phone and just fax them an appraisal. Takes like 5 minutes.

Chubb direct

And actually, just for anyone''s reference, Chubb will also insure a loose, unset diamond, if it is purchased from either Blue Nile, or the Robbins Brothers. Everyone else will tell you that there''s no way anyone will insure a loose diamond because they get lost too easily.

Oh and furthermore, Chubb will insure a loose diamond if it will be set into a ring within 60 days.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results