shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP with semi-eternity band for custom e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acaweb

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
Well, it's been quite awhile since I've posted. My fiancé and I had perused these forums and learned so much and I'd posted a couple of times as well.

Anyway, my fiancé proposed last month in Costa Rica; VERY romantic.
30.gif

We have a ring that is a play on Mark Morrell's three prong setting.

The specs of the AGS solitaire diamond are:
Hearts & Arrows .744 carat
F color
VVS2 clarity
5.77x 5.80 x 3.63 mm measurements
The light performance report is high to VERY high.

We didn't think about the wedding band when we decided on this style; so we've come to the conclusion of getting a semi-eternity band in white gold. We will then have a spacer ring made when we get back from our wedding/honeymoon in the British Virgin Islands.

All of this is happening rather quickly. We're leaving on the 9th of November for our Wedding destination.

Anyway, I found some bands that I like and would REALLY appreciate any input.

Ice.com 1ct semi-eternity band I'm a little concerned about the clarity of I1-I2. Is this something I should be worried about or let it go.

e-weddingbands.com 1ct semi-eternity ring my concern here is the 'tapering'. Can anyone clarify whether this means the stones get smaller as the ring rounds the finder OR if the back of the ring is the only thing that is tapered? The wording from their site is: This band is 5.25mm wide at the top and gradually tapers to 2.5mm at the bottom. It is 3mm in height at the top center of the band. What is the top and bottom exactly?

Any and all advice appreciated. Oh, btw, our budget is $1000.00

anitas_ring2.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am sure you have seen this before, but have you thought about customizing this band? using say-pave instead of just metal?

Leafband_CP-001s.jpg

acaweb

Rough_Rock
Yes we did see and consider this. There''s not enough time though
8.gif
and that still may be the option when we get back. In the meantime we thought we''d get the eternity band and when/if we get another one made, I could always wear the eternity band on my other hand.

Thanks so much for your response.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
how about just using the engagement ring for ceremony purposes while the real deal is being made?? a friend of mine did that-no one the wiser.

acaweb

Rough_Rock
that''s a possiblity instead of us freaking out getting the ring so quickly. hmmm...i''ll have to discuss with the significant other :)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh- i doubt anyone would ask- and if so, you could always say it''s being custom made right now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results