shape
carat
color
clarity

??? about the AGS 0 Princess Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I expect they will not have published prices, like the Solasfera and Eighternity - at least for a while.

WF and GOG publish prices for the round AGS 0s - probably because they are not new and more widely available.

How long will it be before the AGS 0 princesses are so widely available that they publish prices?
A year?
Longer?

I like published prices.
I get the feeling that open competition forces prices to reach some equalibrium.

When you have to ask for a price you have NO idea whatsoever how good the price is.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I expect you will find that all the new princess''s are being sold as they come off the wheel.

For there to be published prices there neeeds to be inventory listed.
No stock - no list - no prices

and no conspiracy theory required.

Obviously the high prices are not a problem given the small supply .

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2005 1:26:26 AM
Author:kenny

I get the feeling that open competition forces prices to reach some equalibrium.
That tends to be somewhat small..., so I am very surprised there are any diamond prices published.

Besides, doesn''t Wink publish the prices of his AGS0 princess cuts? There aren''t too many though.

''Excel diamonds'' sells a branded princess cut that are not graded by AGS but come with a load of ''scope tests and have some of the looks (deep with small tables). Those are not AGS0 and you may find the cost a bit ... surprising. But hey, it doesn''t cost to click away on a website. Anything is worth a look.

''Thought I''d mention.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Kenny,

With production overall of AGS-0 princess-cuts still being very small, and with them selling quite fast (like Garry pointed out), there are few stones to list for sale.

In the case of Infinity-stones, you will find that some of our dealers do indeed publish prices of the stones that they have available.

Sometimes, I get the question why Infinity does not list prices on its site. Well, we have two reasons:

1. We do not sell directly to the public, and therefore, we prefer to forward interested customers to our dealers. They have liberty to set their own pricing, depending on their business-model, and we cannot impose that.

2. Also, since we are located in Belgium, we need to follow European law. If we would put pricing on our site, it would have to include VAT. With most of our sales being outside of Europe, such a published price would give a completely distorted image.

I am not sure whether this answers your questions.

Live long,

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do indeed publish the prices of stones that I have, and they don''t tend to last long, so they must not be too high...

I have never looked at the pricing of my fellow vendors of Paul''s stones, but I would venture that they do too.

I have seen a couple of other vendors with AGS 0''s that were similar in price to Paul, and one who''s price was slightly lower, but the stones he had all pushed the limits of the 1 to 1.05 length width ratio and which looked ever so slightly rectangular, although they were very beautiful,

Diamonds are an incredibly competitive market and you will find that there are no killings being made.

Wink

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Right, Kenny, the info is just not right. Wink publishes them and Dutton''s does (here''s one). But I guess there''s not a lot of inventory.

tareyton

Rough_Rock
I bought a AGS-0 Princess and I think you will find that there is not much if any of a premium on them. AT least not any more than you find between a RB AGS0 and a non RB AGS0

Hamster

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 11:57:04 AM
Author: tareyton
I bought a AGS-0 Princess and I think you will find that there is not much if any of a premium on them. AT least not any more than you find between a RB AGS0 and a non RB AGS0
There may or may not be a premium associated with the AGS 0 princesses depending on the prices of the non -AGS 0s (all else equal) that you are looking at. I certainly saw comparable color/carat/clarity stones being sold in B&M stores for about the same price, but I think the cut quality was not as nice. Of course, a lot of these B&M stores were overpriced to begin with and their prices do tend to be higher because of their overhead costs. Its like the car market - you may find a "fully loaded" car at one dealership for the same price offered by another dealership for a car with less options.

My gut instinct tells me that there is a premium associated with the better cut quality, such that you would pay more for the AGS-0 vs. non AGS-0, all else equal, if they are both from the same vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results