shape
carat
color
clarity

They sent a different diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JFowler

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond from Canadadiamonds.com that was listed as

Round 0.70 F VS2 AGS0 61.1 (depth) 57 (table) IDEAL (symmetry) IDEAL (polish) $3,526 USD.

However, I recieved a diamond that was listed on the AGS grading sertificate as

Round 0.70 F AGS1 61.9 56 IDEAL IDEAL, even though I paid the same price.

The company says it had sold the diamond I asked for before they recieved my payment (even though they said they''d hold it) and sent an e-mail advising me that the one they sent was available for the same price. However, I never recieved this e-mail, and was asked to transfer funds to their account for the purchase of the first diamond (which I did, for the price listed). The company has said that they will refund my money if I''m not happy with the diamond I recieved, but the problem is that there''s not a lot of time to go switching diamonds as the appointed date is drawing near - I''m happy with the diamond I have, but I was wondering how different the value should be between the two - is there a significant premium to be paid for the AGS0 vs the AGS1 diamond? Should I be angry that I was duped, or is it not that big a deal? Please advise...

John

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would not trust a company who uses bait and switch tactics. ever.
this may have been an honest mistake, but i don''t like the way it was handled. i hope you can get a full refund.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Return it at once. It is never okay to sell something and send a diffrent item, as Belle said it is a bait and switch. It is illegal for a reason. Get every penny back including S&H both ways.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
You paid for an AGS0, so why except anything less??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup sounds like bait and switch to me, return it asap!!!!
38.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price (USD, right?) sounds good enough for a very ideal diamond. I suspect the difference between AGS0 and AGS1 does make a difference for the seller, even if for you - without the opportunity to line up the diamonds and comare them, it does not.

At least the folk posting diamonds on the list above charge a premum for the AGS0 'Ideal' status. All other AGS cut grades are barely there.

Actually, that wasn't a bargain to begin with. Thre isn't any shortage of options for the money.

If you need a replacement asap, how about This ?

Is your diamond set?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be livid.

AGS1 is not as good as AGS0.

Based on the facts you presented you got ripped off.
They are hoping you are like most buyers (not very well informed) and don't have a loupe and the experienced eye to see the difference.

Now you know better don't let them get away with it.

tareyton

Rough_Rock
I am no expert but I would guess they broke several laws. I would get a refund and persue legal action. There is no excuse for their actions.

I would also fwd them the link to this post. I have absolutely zero tolerance for any type of vendor who screws over consumers especially in large purchases.

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear what happened. I agree with the others and that you should get a refund. You should not have to put up with this kind of service.

~rockaholic~

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you have time - do as advised above.
If you do not - then ask for a reduction in price.
Maybe they would give you 5% back - more than the cost difference i think.

AGS 1 is probably because of lessor sym or polish that you will never see (tell us why - is it ex for something, not ideal?)
a scan of the cert could help

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
One word, Whoa!

Date: 10/10/2005 8:27:37 PM
Author: tareyton
I am no expert but I would guess they broke several laws. I would get a refund and persue legal action. There is no excuse for their actions.

I would also fwd them the link to this post. I have absolutely zero tolerance for any type of vendor who screws over consumers especially in large purchases.
Tareyton I love your attitude, hehehe
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results