shape
carat
color
clarity

What material is your wedding / engagement ring made from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blumoon

Rough_Rock
I just got my first diamond ring ( in platinum) aftrer wearing a yg band for 10 years. I like both but I have always wanted a platinum diamond ring so there was no question for me when I got the chance.
1.gif

myrah

Rough_Rock
My set is rose and white gold. E-ring is white gold bezel head with 1.5C princess and 5 smaller round on sides and rose gold band. My w-band is rose in the center with white gold side with an ornate design. BTW: My hubby wears a plain titanium band. I have a matching band but it doesn''t match. I also wear an platinum eternity band with 1/2C of round burnished set diamonds on my right hand. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My E-ring is 950 PLT. I have yet to buy my wedding band but it will be the same. I have many WG pieces and dont mind them but DF wanted "the best" plus Tacori only comes in PLT and 18K YG and we wanted a white metal. I do agree that YG will come back into style but it will also fall out again. It is a never ending cycle. My mother wears her grandmothers diamond ring (my great grandma''s) at her e-ring and it is beautiful and PLT. My grandmothers is also PLT. If my father had bought my mom an e-ring when they got married I have no doubt it would have been YG b/c that was what was popular. I think YG is beautiful. I like it with warmer colored gemstones (ex. citrine) but my first instant is to always lean towards white metals.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...well I have never owned a piece of jewelry made of white metal in my life. I think the platinum head on my new e-ring will be the first! Personally I just like yellow gold better, I think it has a regal feel to it, plus it goes great with my YG Movado watch I never take off!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
PT 950 baby!
1.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3 ring set in platinum, but I also have a 21K yellow gold band that used to be my mother''s. To be honest, sometimes I find the weight of the platinum rings bugs me, so I love to wear my YG band which is so thin and lightweight.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
18K WG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 5:38:05 PM
Author: myrah
My set is rose and white gold. E-ring is white gold bezel head with 1.5C princess and 5 smaller round on sides and rose gold band. My w-band is rose in the center with white gold side with an ornate design. BTW: My hubby wears a plain titanium band. I have a matching band but it doesn''t match. I also wear an platinum eternity band with 1/2C of round burnished set diamonds on my right hand. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how.

myrah, sounds lovely! is the rose gold 14k or 18k?

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2004 2:42:06 AM
Author:Pyramid
What material is your wedding/engagement ring made from (not color)?

Gold.

Now for the details! I knew I wanted a thin, traditional wedding band like my mother's and my maternal grandmother's. (Neither had had an engagement ring and I had always seen these rings on their hands.)

The only choice, for me, was whether I should get a yellow gold band (like my grandmother's ) or a white gold band (like my mother's). I decided on yellow gold as, in my opinion, it was the more traditional of the two.

Since we bought my engagement ring and our wedding bands in Italy, my husband's home, my yellow gold was 18K. I believe it cost $35.00, but it may have been $15.00 or $20.00!

I have bought and worn bands of many different materials, colors, and styles since then. For the past five years or so I have been wearing a fairly thin yellow gold band with milgraining.

Deborah

myrah

Rough_Rock
The set is 14K.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results