shape
carat
color
clarity

do 3-prong pendant settings flip?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I am wanting a 3-prong setting necklace that would sit close to the neck.

I asked a jeweler about it and he said he would not do it because 3-prong settings never stay flat and constantly flip.

Darn, I really like this look. So, what are my options? If I want that floating stone look, can I achieve that with a 4 prong?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
I contacted WF about making one for myself and i don''t recall them mentioning that it flipped.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had one made and it doesn''t flip. It''s in the pendant thread. HTH, good luck.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I really want this!

He says it will also twist on the neck.

pendant (2)34.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s all in the way it''s made. I made sure that mine was constructed in a way that it wouldn''t flip. The way the chain meets each side of the diamond allows it to sit still, if that makes any sense. I didn''t want obtrusive O rings, but got it just right. It can be done. Just have to find a jeweler that will have the same vision you have. My jeweler balked at a 3 prong setting and I told him flat out, trust me on this I know what I want. When all was said and done, he was like this is an awesome pendant and was going to make a bunch of them for the holidays. He is very old school, and I love it when he sees the light so to speak!!!
1.gif

smappraisal

Rough_Rock
Hi,
My experience as a former retail jeweler in making up these kinds of pendants was that the type of chain used (round as opposed to anything with an edge or flat or convex) was a key to keeping the pendant in place. Also, the mehod of attaching the pendant to the chain was another key. Lastly,
all women have different neck lines and that cetrainly factored in and was a consideration. Flexibility and freedom in the wearing of the piece will most prevent flipping.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh do you have a close-up of your pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results