shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on new Ritani Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Yes ma''am I am. And thats the same wedding band I''ll have too. Even though my e-ring will have a shank that starts wide and tapers down, I tried them on together, and they were flush and looked great together.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 4:22:18 PM
Author: appletini
Yes ma''am I am. And thats the same wedding band I''ll have too. Even though my e-ring will have a shank that starts wide and tapers down, I tried them on together, and they were flush and looked great together.

are you purchasing yours through bill or someone local to you?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I emailed with Bill today, and sent all my new "research" to the BF. Bill was just so helpful and knowledgeable that I can''t think of a good reason not to do business with him, plus we won''t have to pay Texas sales tax. Not to mention, I''d much rather deal with Bill than someone at BBB that doesn''t really know anything.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know, he's the best. I plan to purchase mine through him too
1.gif

ETA: i mean uh...hopefully hubby will purhcase mine though him...ummm
3.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MrsSalvo!
35.gif

I really like the first one you posted...although the one that matadora posted is gorgeous too.
30.gif

I don''t think it would be overwhelming on your tiny tiny finger.
2.gif

Are you getting any more sleep lately?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I love the three stone ring!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I don't really like either of them.
15.gif
I agree re: side views on the 3 stones and too much metalwork, that's so important to me because it's important how a solitaire looks so I want the same consideration for the 3 stone. So far I can count on one hand the 3 stone settings that have a side view that I love...but I know I am in the minority.
2.gif
I really like to see more of the stones and alot of 3 stone settings do not take that into account which is kind of funny IMO. With solitaire's so many people like to see the stone and in 3 stones it's almost entirely discounted.

The best 3 stone I think I have seen so far (well besides Alj's which I adore because I helped her with it and because it looks fab on me, hehee
31.gif
) is noobie's where his wife's stones look suspended from the sides. Aggie92's ring is similar from the side and it's just such a simple stunning look from the side view, breathtaking.

I'd love to do a 3 stone at some point with my larger (to be) center stone but the setting part really is a big question mark for me!! I will probably go custom but who knows what it'll look like!!
9.gif
From the top down though I adore almost any 3 stone because of the blingity bling bling effect! It's just that side view that kills it for me!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 4:04:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Do you know if the wedding band and the 3 stone ering widths are the same?

I really like this setting and would prefer to get the real deal, I just want the widths of the bands to be equal.

Hi,
Yes, the shanks are the same width and as appletini wrote, they are about 2 mm., if not a tiny bit thinner.
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 10:29:46 PM
Author: Mara
Hmm I don''t really like either of them.
15.gif
I agree re: side views on the 3 stones and too much metalwork, that''s so important to me because it''s important how a solitaire looks so I want the same consideration for the 3 stone. So far I can count on one hand the 3 stone settings that have a side view that I love...but I know I am in the minority.
2.gif
I really like to see more of the stones and alot of 3 stone settings do not take that into account which is kind of funny IMO. With solitaire''s so many people like to see the stone and in 3 stones it''s almost entirely discounted.

The best 3 stone I think I have seen so far (well besides Alj''s which I adore because I helped her with it and because it looks fab on me, hehee
31.gif
) is noobie''s where his wife''s stones look suspended from the sides. Aggie92''s ring is similar from the side and it''s just such a simple stunning look from the side view, breathtaking.

I''d love to do a 3 stone at some point with my larger (to be) center stone but the setting part really is a big question mark for me!! I will probably go custom but who knows what it''ll look like!!
9.gif
From the top down though I adore almost any 3 stone because of the blingity bling bling effect! It''s just that side view that kills it for me!
Mara, I love your honesty!
36.gif

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
I like them both as they are both classic designs. But my favourite is the second one - it''s just a little bit different and would like really "blingy"!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 10:29:46 PM
Author: Mara
Hmm I don''t really like either of them.
15.gif
I agree re: side views on the 3 stones and too much metalwork, that''s so important to me because it''s important how a solitaire looks so I want the same consideration for the 3 stone. So far I can count on one hand the 3 stone settings that have a side view that I love...but I know I am in the minority.
2.gif
I really like to see more of the stones and alot of 3 stone settings do not take that into account which is kind of funny IMO. With solitaire''s so many people like to see the stone and in 3 stones it''s almost entirely discounted.

The best 3 stone I think I have seen so far (well besides Alj''s which I adore because I helped her with it and because it looks fab on me, hehee
31.gif
) is noobie''s where his wife''s stones look suspended from the sides. Aggie92''s ring is similar from the side and it''s just such a simple stunning look from the side view, breathtaking.

I''d love to do a 3 stone at some point with my larger (to be) center stone but the setting part really is a big question mark for me!! I will probably go custom but who knows what it''ll look like!!
9.gif
From the top down though I adore almost any 3 stone because of the blingity bling bling effect! It''s just that side view that kills it for me!

hehe, mara, i knew you wouldn''t like it
2.gif
Out of all the 3 stones i''ve looked at this one is actually my favorite so far. I like the side view much better than a standard basket setting. I have yet to see it person though, so who knows..I do love noobie''s wifes ring and alj''s ring too. I think Mark Morrell has a 3 stone that is to die for. so many choices..

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
MrsSalvo:

I too went from a solitaire to a 3 stone ring. There were so many choices out there that I just went for simplicity. I just didn''t want to get tired of the setting over time and I knew if I went for a trendier setting I would want to eventually change it. I wanted the side view to be really clean, void of as much metal as possible. I also wanted to wear it with my eternity band which was important. Do you want your set to sit flush or would having a gap bother you?

There are so many choices out there. Have fun deciding, it really is the best part.

Roppongi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results