shape
carat
color
clarity

Needing help buying 2ct radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kansasgal

Rough_Rock
I''m in the market for a 2ct diamond for an anniversary ring. I''ve been doing a lot of research (which involves spending a lot of time on this website!) on how to pick a stone and it''s really mind boggling! I''ll be having some custom work done so I''ve shopped around a bit and found a B&M that I really feel comfortable with. I''ve seen some stones and determined that I prefer F-G color and either VS2-SI1 clarity. We saw 2 stones today and they look nice--one seems to have that "ground glass" appearance but was still nice and the other was a bit brighter in color. Trouble is both stones have table and depth percentages in the 70''s which I thought was something to avoid.

Need some expert input regarding the following stones:

Stone 1
7.62x6.80x4.88
D%: 73.9%
T%: 76%
Girdle: very thin to very thick
Culet: none
Polish: good
Symmetry: good
Clarity: S11
Color: G
Fluorescence: none
Price: 18.400 (before negotiating)

Stone 2
7.39x6.76x4.81
D%: 71.2%
T%: 77%
Girdle: medium to thick
Culet: none
Polish: good
Symmetry: very good
Clarity: SI1
Color: F
Fluorescence: None
Price: 20,000 (before negotiating)

I really prefer the rectangular look. I''ve shopped around online (and actually saw this exact stone) and think I can get a better cut and clarity for the price or at least negotiate for a better price. What comments do you have for me regarding the above stones? Should I walk? Thanks for your input!!!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Those stones are available for sale through PS vendors as well. Search for radiants (you'll have to broaden the table and depth percentages since the PS engine sets them lower) and you'll find that stone #1 is going for $13800-$14626 (here's one example) and stone #2 is going for $15466-$15803 (example), so personally I'm not impressed with the prices you've been quoted when you can order literally the same exact stone for 20% less or more.

I haven't found too many 2 carat radiants listed with cut info, but Good Old Gold has a 2.02 carat G SI1 listed with much better table and depth percentages and labeled as "ideal." They will provide more info upon request.

I also saw that several 2 carat stones with better table and depth percentages that came up were at James Allen (I am assuming because unlike most stones that have multiple listings, they have several listed exclusively, but I could be wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results