shape
carat
color
clarity

basic stone recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spon

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I know this is a very general question, but how large of a stone can i expect to get for about $5500-6000? I want something with a very good cut (have been reading up on Halloway Cut percentages) and something that looks very good to the eye. I''m not concerned so much with how it rates as long as it looks good. I do realize that they are tied together. lol.

The setting that my financee wants is a round center stone with small pave diamonds around it. white gold.

thanks for any general adivce you can give. I''m going to a B&M store on Saturday and want to have as much info as I can before hand.

Thanks!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Repeat what I did:

At the top of this screen click on the heading for PRICES.
Select Search by Cut
Select Cut Excellent to Excellent
Color I to I
Clarity SI1 to SI1.

You will find 6 stones from 1.01 carat to 1.09 carat.
Priced from $5038 to $5328. (This does not include the setting.)
All have reports by the AGS, arguably the organization with the highest grading standards.

They are sold by two vendors who adversize here, Good Old Gold and Whiteflash.
They both have a reputation for selecting diamonds with very fine cuts.

I am going to guess at most B&Ms especially malls or large chains you will not get nearly as good of a cut and you will be charged MUCH more, and the diamond will be graded by a lab with looser grading standards.
(That means if they give it a I SI1 grade the AGS would have given it perhaps a J SI2 grade.)

So short answer - buy online and you''ll get a very nice 1 carat + for your budget.
Go to a B&M and take your chances.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2005 11:19:33 PM
Author:spon
Hello all. I know this is a very general question, but how large of a stone can i expect to get for about $5500-6000? I want something with a very good cut (have been reading up on Halloway Cut percentages) and something that looks very good to the eye. I''m not concerned so much with how it rates as long as it looks good. I do realize that they are tied together. lol.

The setting that my financee wants is a round center stone with small pave diamonds around it. white gold.

thanks for any general adivce you can give. I''m going to a B&M store on Saturday and want to have as much info as I can before hand.

Thanks!
a beautiful cut
30.gif
10.gif
1ct G SI1 H&A stone with AGS/GIA paper from the PS vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results