shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok dress experts- I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock

As you guys know, I’ve only very recently become engaged. Since the ring was finished, I needed something new to obsess over (and take my mind off school!). I was not really that interested in the wedding before, but now I’m researching stuff everyday and I’m not even getting married for two years!

That brings us to my present quandary. I’ve found a local girl who is selling her brand new Lazaro gown and veil because her wedding was called off. It’s very pretty! Pics below… But- I have not even tried on any dresses yet! Am I silly to even consider this? There is a bridal shop two blocks from my apartment that carries Lazaro, so I think I am going to drag along a couple of my friends there maybe Monday after our exams are over. I still have to find out if they have the specific dress in stock. She is asking for $1100, which seems seriously reasonable for a brand new gown/veil that cost her $3100.

One of the slight “problems” is that the gown is a size 6, which I am thinking will be large on me. Her measurements are 33.5-25, hip doesn’t matter I think. However, mine are 32.5-23.5. She said that the dress fit her waist perfectly, and was a bit loose in the bust. Would a seamstress have any trouble altering a dress a couple inches? I know nothing about this, and have no idea how hard/easy it would be.

If I don’t buy it, she is going to take it to a bridal consignment shop. She’s actually waiting a few weeks to take it there until I can actually try on some Lazaro dresses myself.

Is it too early to even buy my dress? I don’t know if styles change much over the span of two years…

I guess first I have to get to the shop and try on some dresses before I really do anything! What do you guys think?

Here''s the pic from Lazaro-

LZ8043.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
detail

LZ8043detail.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
the actual dress (on seller)

47b5d603b3127cce93c3b5.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
another

47b5d603b3127cce93c3b5c4.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i LOVE Lazaro gowns! sorry that''s all the help i am...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
the veil...

016108EYtHDFm3aq.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I am not engaged and have not been married but I think that dress is beautiful!
I would go try it on if you could though and see if you like it on you.
Sounds like a great deal.

Will it still be in "style" in two years? That I have no idea. I think it's a beautiful gown and it would be beautiful now or 20 years from now.
1.gif

Good Luck!

Wow just saw the veil....love the detail!! Beautiful

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2005 3:15:53 PM
Author: jcrow
i LOVE Lazaro gowns! sorry that''s all the help i am...
hehe, me too!!!
1.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

It sounds like you found a great deal on a dress, but it also sounds like you kind of know the right answer to your questions. Or, at least, what I think the right answer to your question is!

That dress is beautiful, Lazaro is a fabulous designer, and it could easily be altered to fit you. It's not too early to buy a dress that you really love. Styles will change, but that doesn't mean your tastes will. That being said, you sound like you haven't thought much about what you want. In an effort to prevent yourself from becoming a two dress bride, trying to unload an unwanted dress, I would hold off until you really know what you want. Since you have so much time, you'll have the time to find many more great deals.

There's a chance you'll regret the decision not to buy. But I think since you have two years, you should give yourself some more time before you drop such a sizable chunk of change on a dress. Even at a fabulous deal it's still a lot of money!

That's just me. You'll probably love the dress if you buy it. So go with your gut instinct, but try on a few dresses, especially those by other designers, first..

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love that veil!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
How are you going to store it for the next two years? How much will alterations cost you? Beading alt are very difficult. Is it the dress of your dreams?
I dont know...but I am inclined to say pass.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s a tough call. I think you really need to go and try on a bunch of different dresses, not just Lazaros. See what style best suits you and what you like the most. I think it may be a bit too soon to buy something if your wedding isn''t for another 2 years but you never know, it could be the one. I think it really depends on you and how fickle you may be! But I really think you need to shop around before making this purchase because you may fall in love with something else. Go out with your friends, try on lots of stuff and have fun with it. And of course, let us know what you decide!
2.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Unless you''ve actually gone out and tried different styles of gowns, you may find out that this style is not "it". That gown is gorgeous but I think you really should try on different styles too. Yes, the strapless are very popular right now, but you may discover that you like something else better instead.

I don''t think styles change that drastically in two years.

One of my friends ran out and bought her gown the week after she got engaged. She too was not planning on getting married for another 2 years. As time went on she realized she shouldn''t have been so quick to buy her gown as she saw many others that she liked better. Her advice to me when I got engaged is to try, try, try and not be so quick to buy!
2.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
You shouldsn''t have any trouble taking it in. Or if you wanted, you could take a couple inches off my waist, i''d be willing to share.. since I dont'' know if I''ve even ever heard of a 23.5 waist measurement, you itty bitty little thing!

Its a GORGEOUS gown.. but I think you should go try on some gowns yourself before you buy this one. If not only to just have the experience. I don''t know.. my instinct is to tell you to wait on this one, another gorgeous gown WILL come a long.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beautiful gown, which I personally think is timeless. I wouldn''t worry about it going out of style as much as I would you possibly changing your mind. You do have a while to look at dresses and may want to enjoy the shopping process! However, if you''re certain that this is the gown you want, get it cause you''re never going to get a Lazaro gown for $1,100!!! Let us know what you decide!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my dress in May and I am not getting married until 8/12/06. I was suprised I found a dress so quickly but I still love it. They told us how to "safely" store the dress and it will be presses before the wedding. If you love it get it. If you have ANY doubts wait. If you are willing to spend $1,000+ on a dress you will have many options out there. Go try on some dresses at a bridal shop. I ended up hating what I thought I would love on me.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
well, just go and try on a bunch of dresses and see if you like them... the price on that lazaro is crazy cheap, I doubt you''d find such a good deal anywhere else, esp if the veil is included, so if you try it on and love it, I would go for it. But I wouldn''t buy it w/o trying on other gowns first. You still have a lot of time... Lazaros are delish!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
well, basically all of the concerns that you guys brought up are the same ones that I have myself
9.gif

I am thinking that if I try it on and LOVE LOVE LOVE it, then absolutely I''ll buy it. Otherwise, probably not? Though I do think that if worst came to worst, I would be able to get my money back by selling it, considering it''s brand new!

I guess I know what dresses I like preliminarily, but until I finally try some on- who really knows!

I will try to get my friends to take pictures when we go dress shopping
1.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love the gown!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think the gown & veil are gorgous & a good deal for a Lazaro gown. I agree w/ others who suggest you try on other styles before trying on this gown. Also, it might be a bit early to buy, especially as you haven''t decided on a venue for your wedding. (Is a destination wedding definitely out now?) But if you absolutely adore it & know it''s "the one," it might be a wise investment.

Please do post pics when you go shopping!
36.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you already know what you''re going to do...just wanted to chime in and say one of my close friends got married in that dress and matching veil...it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! the veil is exquisite...she''s planning to keep it and have it made into a christening gown/pillow/canopy/crip covering for her children. and that is one heckuva deal! i was floored when she told me how much her veil ALONE cost!

anyway, have fun shopping and don''tforget to post pics!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 6:16:53 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
Sounds like you already know what you''re going to do...just wanted to chime in and say one of my close friends got married in that dress and matching veil...it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! the veil is exquisite...she''s planning to keep it and have it made into a christening gown/pillow/canopy/crip covering for her children. and that is one heckuva deal! i was floored when she told me how much her veil ALONE cost!

anyway, have fun shopping and don''tforget to post pics!
Seriously, what an expensive veil! I would otherwise never consider spending that much on a veil. But it definitely it completely gorgeous!

That is such a cute idea that your friend had for her veil though- love it

And I am also glad to hear that the dress looked good on a real person!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results