shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid Gowns

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
I have a dress dilemna that I would really love help with. My wedding colors are chartruese and chocolate brown with some burgundy accents. My inspiration for my colors are a green cymbiduim orchid (it has some burgundy not chocolate brown). My dress is a cream color tulle with two layers peachy blush tulle (mermaid style-picture old Hollywood). My bouquet for my first ceremony will have chartruese, blush and butter and my other bouquet will be all green cymbidium orchids. My invitaions will be chartruese reply cards, chocolate brown print and the invitation will be cream color with chocolate brown print. Envelopes and reception cards chocolate brown banana paper with platinum print. Have I made you guys crazy yet? So I''m considering/really like this dress (posted below) because its different but I''m also considering simpler silohettes by Jenny Yoo in either chocolate brown, burgundy, chartruese or rasberry (don''t ask where that comes from it was a suggestion by my dress maker). I have opposite concerns for both options. For the colorful one, I dont want it to be all over the place and make it too much-that''s also the appeal that it has-it''s unexpected. I''m concerned that the simpler option wiil bog down my wedding in chocolate browns and chartruese and be sort of boring. Please help! I''m desparate. Oh my fist ceremony is in LA on November 12, my second is in Belize December 3 if that helps in your evaluation. Thanks for any insight.

NMILike_mn-1.jpg

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one of the jenny Yoo dresses (I picked different ones for each bridesmais-I only have two). The person making my dress said he could make a sash or flower in a certain color for the dresses to ad a little something to them.

knjyoof05samas.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one becuase: it will be easier to find a well fitting bra to wear with it, it seems like it would me more flattering, the second dress doesnt even make the models figure look cute, the first seems like it has better chance of being worn again after the wedding.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input Matatora. I''m leaning toward the first one too. Do you think it would be too much given my crazy description of my weeding colors?

elephant

Shiny_Rock
OK, I hate to be the lone voice of dissent, but I actually think I would like to see the 2nd one in maybe chocolate or the burgundy? The first one is colorful and more casual, but I sort of feel like you have a lot of color going on here and it might be nice to just have something basic for balance. That'' s just my opinion though..... I''m sure whatever ou pick will be fantastic!! :)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think that for your acutal wedding it would be more of an issue if there were a dozen girls rather then two. Where are you getting married? I think the first dress is reall sweet and flirty. Why not mentions straps vs strapless to the ladies.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 2:40:04 AM
Author: Matatora
I think that for your acutal wedding it would be more of an issue if there were a dozen girls rather then two. Where are you getting married? I think the first dress is reall sweet and flirty. Why not mentions straps vs strapless to the ladies.

My actual wedding is in belize so I do think that dress would be appropriate.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
By itself, I love the first dress but within your wedding ideas, I don''t think it will work. I think that if the dress had some green/brown/burgandy tones in it you could pull it off, but as is, I think it''s leaning towards the "all over the place" look you don''t want. I love how adventurous you are with color though and I think the brown/green/burgandy combination mimicking the orchid is a fabulous idea.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 2nd one better for a wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results