shape
carat
color
clarity

Table measurements

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Looking at a Heart & Arrow stone with table measurements of 57.1, 56.9, 57.4, 57.6

First, is the variance from 56.9 to 57.6 too large?
Second, and maybe more importantly, one of the lengths falls outside of the "ideal" range of 53-57.5, albeit just barely. Given that is it better to find another H&A stone that has all 4 lengths that fall within the ideal range, or just live with this one? It is a great stone otherwise, so just trying to see if I should go with this one or keep looking.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
why do you have four dfferent table measurements?

BigVig

Rough_Rock
There are four lengths to any round cut diamond table. Usually most people only see one length, but this is just an average. The table is the shape of an octagon, so the four measurements are the lengths connecting the points

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
right.
2.gif
and there are eight crown and pavilion angles that are very, if not more, important which is why i'm wondering why you are splitting hairs on the table measurement. without knowing more, i wouldn't say pass on a stone that has a table measurement of 57 (.3)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
what do the hearts and arrows look like?
IS image?

do you have a srn file?
if so post it and Belle can import it into diamcalc and check it out for ya :}
Or I can later this evening if she dont have time.

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Well, I think we''re all here in this forum because we like to split hairs, in fact, most of what we''re all talking about in these forums are things much smaller than hairs! And if I''m spending 5 digits on a rock, splitting hairs seems fair game! haha, seriously though I''ll post the specs, so would appreciate any insight on this rock

Belle - I do realize the crown and pav measurements are more important - the average measurements for both fall into the ideal range as do each of the individual 8 facets. In fact all of the measurements of this stone do as far as I can tell, except for one: one of the four table measurements. Now, I know it''s just one of the four table% measurements and it''s just barely out of the ideal table% range, but that''s the crux of my question: given I want an ideal H&A, and that I''m paying for one, shouldn''t I get one that is trully "Ideal H&A" (meaning all measurements fall in the range, not just the averages), it is alot of money afterall.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 4:59:50 PM
Author: BigVig
Well, I think we''re all here in this forum because we like to split hairs, in fact, most of what we''re all talking about in these forums are things much smaller than hairs! And if I''m spending 5 digits on a rock, splitting hairs seems fair game! haha, seriously though I''ll post the specs, so would appreciate any insight on this rock

Belle - I do realize the crown and pav measurements are more important - the average measurements for both fall into the ideal range as do each of the individual 8 facets. In fact all of the measurements of this stone do as far as I can tell, except for one: one of the four table measurements. Now, I know it''s just one of the four table% measurements and it''s just barely out of the ideal table% range, but that''s the crux of my question: given I want an ideal H&A, and that I''m paying for one, shouldn''t I get one that is trully ''Ideal H&A'' (meaning all measurements fall in the range, not just the averages), it is alot of money afterall.

lol you sound like me.
Seriously the numbers get you in the ballpark then you have to look at the rest of the data to get the whole picture.
Which is why I asked for more information.

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Weight: 1.3 cts
Clariy: VS2
Color: F
Depth: 61.2
Pavillion depth: 43.2 (43.2 - 43.3)
Pavillino angle: 40.8 (40.7-40-9)
Crown height: 15.0 (14.8 - 15.3)
Crown angle: 34.9 (34.5-35.0)
Table size: 57.1 (56.9 - 57.6)
Culet: 0.3 pointed
Girdle min: 1.1
Girdle max: 1.7
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Proportions: Ideal

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay bigvig, quit being stingy with the information here!
9.gif
i understand that you want to make sure that you get what you pay for, but if you want help in splitting hairs, you''re gonna have to give more information.
for hairsplitting on the cut we will need all of the #''s from the sarin. (the .srn file would be great.)
for hairsplitting on the trueness of the h&a and the overall picture we will need the h&a images and the idealscope image.
i am guessing that was graded under the ''old'' ags system (?)

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Ahh well, I tried to go back and get all that additional info, Belle, but it''s no longe there!!! I guess someone just bought it.

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Maybe I should stop splitting hairs and just buy the damn thing!!! haha thanks again for offering to help, maybe I''ll take you up on the offer with another stone...the hunt continues

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
and that someone wasn''t you?
7.gif
if that is the case, i''m sorry bigvig. i know what it feels like to have put a lot of effort into your search and the diamond ends up being sold. i also know that things happen for a reason, and perhaps this one wasn''t meant for you. keep looking though, strm and i (as well as many others) would be happy to help split hairs with you.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results