shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with IS images

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Adam12

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First time posting. Have learned a ton from this site. Thanks! Considering few diamonds from WF. I''ve read messages on many of new "ideal" cuts having higher crown/pav. angles to try to maintain weight yet still fall under ideal with good hca score. Concerned that one I''m looking at falling into this category and looking for opinions.

#1) http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1464075.htm#

Depth: 60.4
Table: 56.6
Crown: 34.8 (34.5 - 35.1)
Pav: 40.8 (40.4 - 41.1)

HCA comes out good at 1.3. I''m concered with upper end going above 35/41. Also, I''ve compared this IS image with #2:

#2) http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1182561.htm

#1 is noticeably less red around table. Worrying too much? Wondering if that is result of higher crown/pav numbers.

I already had one picked out, but didn''t turn out to be eye-clean and having a hard time getting to mind-clean. :)

Thanks much.

I''ll try to attach....

15_9 - IS_AGS-6248208.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the angles and pavilian range of the second better.
But I like the longer LGF of the first better.

But:
There is a quick way to pick between 2 aca''s.
Arange a time to call WF and talk to Brian while he is looking at both diamonds and have him tell you what he is seeing.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can't go wrong with either one of those. if pressed, i would say i like #2 better. you could call and have someone at wf compare them for you.

eta: uh, yeah...what strm said.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
edit:

in both the IS images the diamond is a bit tilted.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 8:41:24 PM
Author: strmrdr
edit:

in both the IS images the diamond is a bit tilted.

What does that mean strmrdr? And how can you detect that from the pic?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can tell the stone is tilted just a bit by looking at the inner ring around where the arrows are. see how it's 'thinner' and darker on the top half and 'thicker' and lighter on the bottom half? that indicates some tilt.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep what belle said.

The edit part was because the way I first said it could have been taken wrong.
The diamonds are fine they are just sitting at a bit of an angle.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As long as you tilt the diamond 1/4 a degree when you look at it it will never be a problem.

Oh and close 1 eye. But storm doesn''t need to close one eye, because he is already one eyed
35.gif

(Ignore this post - it''s just Garry pulling Storms leg)

(It is a beautiful stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results