shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on ideascope & picture of SI-2 Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjoshj

Rough_Rock
Newbie to this and was sent pictures to represent an ideal cut EGL rated E Si-2 diamond.
I have attached the Sarin, photo, and ideascope photo. I was disappointed in what I saw, should I be??? Am I expecting too much out of an SI-2?
Thanks for your input

DI40X_EGL2505311623.jpg

jjoshj

Rough_Rock
sarin

SARIN_EGL2505311623.gif

jjoshj

Rough_Rock
ideascope

IS_EGL2505311623.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Seems to have quite a few inclusions to be an SI-2...did the vendor give you any information as to the nature of the inclusions and how they look to the eye, if even at all detectable. Sometimes seeing a stone magnified so greatly skews our expectations of how it would look in person, considering the actual stone will be much, much smaller than the size of the palm of your hand.

jjoshj

Rough_Rock
the vendor described it as eye clean with "normal vision" but then qualified the statement by saying that if you had good vision you could possibly see something. I was expecting something a little more clear. Thanks

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohmygarsh. is it a bad sign that i jumped out of my chair when i opened up that picture?
23.gif
i am assuming that this is a stone that you had wf bring in for you (?) you can do much better. egl has been known to be ''soft'' in their grading. this could easily be a i1-i2 by gia or ags standards. try looking at stones that they have ''in-house'' you will be better off.
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty included to me. That said, you have to remember that these are magnified pics. Is this a well known, reputable vendor? Why don''t you post the rest of the specs, and maybe people here will be able to give you more feedback and/or find other candidates.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I don''t like the idealscope image, the arrows look very distorted to me.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 8:20:38 PM
Author: jjoshj
the vendor described it as eye clean with 'normal vision' but then qualified the statement by saying that if you had good vision you could possibly see something. I was expecting something a little more clear. Thanks

Hi JJosh (and all),

I wanted to clear up any confusion. Our definition of eye clean is "“No inclusions visible face-up at a distance of 8-10 inches in natural lighting to a person with 20/20 vision.” 10 inches (25 cm) is the “distance of most distinct vision” as defined by the American Gemological Society, so this is a logical standard and it gives us a working baseline for our customers.

I am in the office with Brian and 2 quite discriminating customers. We took the liberty of viewing it for you and we all agreed: We found it difficult to see inclusions from any distance, but when the diamond was tilted under strong lighting some become visible under the table. Both customers were very surprised to see the magnified image that matches that diamond. They commented that they would never have guessed the diamond would appear like that seen up close... The intense magnification causes you to see much you would never pick up in 'real life.'

Belle - you were right, of course. This one was brought in by request.

I would remind that this is an EGL SI2. Expectations should be set appropriately. The diamond does not have the level of optical symmetry we are used to seeing from most of our in-house diamonds posted on the forum, but the price is right - especially considering the light return/performance (great), and the fact that you will not pick up the level of inclusions seen in the 40x photo. However, you need to buy a diamond that is 'mind clean' according to your expectations.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would pass on this stone if I were you. I think there are too many inclusions for my comfort level.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 8:52:48 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Date: 9/15/2005 8:20:38 PM
I am in the office with Brian and 2 quite discriminating customers.

By any chance, might those "discriminating customers" be our very own Mara and Alj?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Demalza,
I was wondering the same thing!!!!!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha very funny guys, Lol!!!! You are bad to the bone.
11.gif
1.gif
9.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I hope you are having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 9:08:27 PM
Author: kaleigh
Demalza,

I was wondering the same thing!!!!!
31.gif

I wonder what''s going on over there in the WF offices. Very curious to know what, if anything, those two come back with.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 9:10:21 PM
Author: kaleigh
Haha very funny guys, Lol!!!! You are bad to the bone.
11.gif
1.gif
9.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I hope you are having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

Did I miss something????

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just pray that they didn''t bring any duct tape with them, Lock the safe quick John!!!!!!
6.gif

jjoshj

Rough_Rock
I think I will pass on this one, however I must say WF has done a terrfic job thus far of trying to make me a satisfied customer. Thanks for the comments guys

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF is awesome and I am sure they will help you find a great stone, good luck!!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results