shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused on eternity bands (SP)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay. So I am looking for my wedding band and am getting REALLY confused. A lot of the rings seem really similar (same weight per stone) but the pricing varies slightly.. and I don''t get why.

I''m looking for something in the 4 pter range, but am open to going slightly smaller

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=990
This is the stock number I have for the ring I tried on there and decided I liked.
FACETS Platinum 29 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 1.15ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity
comes out to about .039 each.
Price for size 4 (I actually need a 3, but for comparison sake) $1,586.00 1.03ct 26 stones

Then there are these two others
http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1925
FACETS Platinum 26 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 1.08ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity
about .042 per stone
Price for size 4 $1,454.00 1.04ct 25 stones (so its bigger, with less stones, but cheaper?)

AND

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2138
FACETS Platinum 27 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 1.14ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity
about .042 per stone (but a tad bigger than the previous)
Price for size 4 $1,556.00 1.01ct 24 stones

None of these are raphael settings, are there slight differences in the settings that make them all cost much different? I thought they were all basically the same, but there must be differences for them to even bother having the different stock numbers and prices, right?!

tareyton

Rough_Rock
Sounds like yo need to talk to facets themselves

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The prongs are different on the Rapheal as is the opening under the stone. There is a very open girdle top and bottom so that light gets in allover.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Ame - Thanks. I know the raphaels are different, but NONE of those were. They are all regular shared prong..

Tareyton- I will talk to facets, but I''d like to not sound like a total moron when I do so, and I KNOW someone on PS knows the answer to this problem.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What is the gram weight for each? It may be the diffrence in the amount of metal used...platnium is pretty pricey just now.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue- I agree that SP is confusing in that aspect! I would call SP and just ask them to price a ring for you in the finger size and point size that you are interested in. When I was pricing my Raphael, that''s what I did- I asked them for prices for rings varying in weight of 3 pointers, 3.5 pointers, and so on to 5 pointers in my size. They had to research it a little so they couldn''t give me a quote on the spot. Good luck!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Logan - I have gotten several prices from them before. That is part of the reason why I am so confused! About 6 months ago I got a price for a ring about the same size stones (no longer listed on thier website) My size, in white gold, the price they gave me was around $995.. but then when I actually went to the store (it was on a trip to NY, I don''t live there) They gave me a price for a specific ring (the first one listed on my post) and it was $1250 .. not a HUGE price difference, but big enough, I think..

This was the email price quote I got
The price of the FACETS Platinum 26 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 1.03ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity (Stock number F1641) - made in 18K White Gold in ring size 3 would be $996.55. The ring will have approximately 24 diamonds weighing approximately 0.95ct. twd. with F-G color VVS-VS clarity.

And in the store.. the guy gave me this info
stock number F1591
18K WG size 3
25 stones .99 ct TW $1250

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 9:40:44 AM
Author: MelissaSue
Logan - I have gotten several prices from them before. That is part of the reason why I am so confused! About 6 months ago I got a price for a ring about the same size stones (no longer listed on thier website) My size, in white gold, the price they gave me was around $995.. but then when I actually went to the store (it was on a trip to NY, I don''t live there) They gave me a price for a specific ring (the first one listed on my post) and it was $1250 .. not a HUGE price difference, but big enough, I think..

This was the email price quote I got
The price of the FACETS Platinum 26 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 1.03ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity (Stock number F1641) - made in 18K White Gold in ring size 3 would be $996.55. The ring will have approximately 24 diamonds weighing approximately 0.95ct. twd. with F-G color VVS-VS clarity.

And in the store.. the guy gave me this info
stock number F1591
18K WG size 3
25 stones .99 ct TW $1250
Yeah, tht''s totally confusing!!
7.gif
Both rings are basically the same size stones, right (.039)? The only thing I can imagine is that they erroneously quoted you for platinum instead of white gold. Did you visit the store soon after receiving the email quote? I''m not sure what their policy is on how long they honor price quotes, but if several months have lapsed since your email quote, perhaps the price of metal has changed (although, that seems like a big change to me for gold). I would still vote for calling them and telling them that they quoted you two different prices for what appears to be the same ring (although it has a different stock number- what''s that about?) and you want to know which quote is good and what the difference is btwn the rings.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s odd.
33.gif

it''s like when you go to rent a car...one day it''s -x- amount and you can call back the next day and it will be different.
it wouldn''t seem like those prices should be so different. i hope you get what you want melissasue, and at the right price!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
MS, I agree that it is confusing. It was like that a year ago when I bought the first eternity ring from SP. You really have to just call them up, tell them what you want and ask for a quote. If it''s out of whack compared to other on the web site let them know. Diamond prices have been creeping up since December, so an increase is probably not unusual. I''d point out the prior quote and see what they say.

At the end of the day, I just decided if the final price was in line for what I wanted. It was. I still think SP''s eternity rings are good value. I suspect you will have to do the same. However they should clean up the website to reduce confusion.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for the help.. I thought there was a better explanation..but I guess there is not. The original email quote I got was from February, so the prices could have increased slightly

I also notice that even though the stones are the same size, the one I was quoted in the store (I went to NYC at the end of July) has one more stone, (is .04 ct more as well), so that may explain the price difference there.. but was this a miscalculation when they figured it out in the store? (The counter guy called someone on the phone, and he even said to the person on the phone, "Oh, I thought it would be smaller (less stones) than that"), Or is it possible that it has less metal (thinner prongs) than the other ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results