shape
carat
color
clarity

finding the right diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

molly3795

Rough_Rock
I am starting to search for a radiant diamond...I have been married 21 years this week and I have finally convinced my husband. Do you believe that a) it is a waste to put money into buying any color above G because you can''t notice and b) not to put money into anything above vs2? or do these things actually change the look of the diamond?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Money comes to some people easily. Other have to work hard and struggle to make more than just ''enough". Money leaves some folks easily. They seem able to spend without conscience and it lloks as if there is no penalty involved. Other suffer over every expense. They may live by a budget out of necessity or just because they like a very ordered financial picture. SOme enjoy pinching pennies and others pinch them out of appreciation or need.

One game does not suit all the players. I bought my wife a large diamond for 30 years of marraige that was about H-VS2 and a tad spreadier than Tokowsky''s Ideal, a 60/60 becuase it is what I think about reasonable compromises. She didn''t care about the quality, but only that I bought it for HER and that she loves the way it LOOKS. She''s seems reasonable enough, but I admit we are used to eachother.

Different people want to make statements about their ability to know more or their degree of sophistication. They may buy better than G-VS2 60/60''s. Some people live within constraints of budget or limited knowledge and prefer a diamond that is simply "genuine", large enough and decent to untrained eyes. Who''s right? We should judge for ourselves and not for them or you.

I think you are on the right track, but others will tell you how white a D/E color is or how special am IF or VVS1 is. Others choose or pitch the "Ideal" stone or the "Branded" stone. There are excellent reasons to learn and consider what you want to do, but don''t think that your eyes will see a tremendous difference. Slight degrees of performance, color and clarity make huge dollar differences in bigger diamonds. Not everyone advocates a common sense approach, but it is a good start that is hard not to defend.

molly3795

Rough_Rock
thank you kindly for your reply...alot to think about...I just want to be happy and not have regrets...I just don''t want a stone that appears dark ....I liked what you said about reasonable comprimises...My husband would prefer the best quality...I would prefer something that LOOKS wonderful when I''m wearing it. What is your opinion on BlueNile..vs ...say...DiamondsbyLauren?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BN vs DBL? DBL hands down, they hand pick all their stuff. Luscious radiants!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree DBL!!!!!

molly3795

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the feedback on DBL. The photos they show look incredible. I wish I could make a trip to look in person, but my husband won''t go for it...

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
This is truly a matter of opinion. It depends on what YOU think. As I''ve learned from PSers---the stone must "speak to you"! My stone surely spoke to me. I actually didn''t think I''d go as high as an E VS1, but when I saw that ring, I changed my mind! Let us know what you decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results