shape
carat
color
clarity

Saw my wax...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I just got back from my jeweler and I saw my wax. It is perfect! I couldnt be more excited. I dont know why I didnt snap a picture of it with my camera phone, but that didnt occur to me till we were nearly back in the city. For those of you who have been following, I am having an oval ruby halo ring designed. I have asked a million questions and I only have one more.

Should I have half pointers put around the side of the ring? To make the halo 2 sided pave? My ring looks like a combo between the dcd ring in my avatar and firgoddess'' beautiful pear (which was my inspiration). In seeing allycats ring today, it made me question if I should have those added.... My jeweler is talking to the benchcraftsman tomorrow.

Any opinions would be so helpful!

n

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if they can do it, i would go for it. i love looking at pave on the sides of the halo too...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring sounds lovely! I like the look of FG''s ring very much and it does not have melee on the side...But do what you think you would like best, not us.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay!
1.gif

Can''t wait for the finished ring pics
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 9:01:23 PM
Author:msflutter
Should I have half pointers put around the side of the ring? To make the halo 2 sided pave? My ring looks like a combo between the dcd ring in my avatar and firgoddess'' beautiful pear (which was my inspiration). In seeing allycats ring today, it made me question if I should have those added.... My jeweler is talking to the benchcraftsman tomorrow.
Well I''m honored to have inspired someone!!! I think the ring is going to be stunning whether you put melee on the side of the halo or not. I''d actually go for it if I were you and get the melee done on the side of the halo as well. I debated about whether or not to do this and it was only cost concerns that kept me from doing it. I was having a matching wedding band made in addition to the ering and that kinda kicked me over budget, so I decided to forego the melee on the side of the halo. But I do love that look.

It will look stunning either way. Go with your gut! I can''t wait to see this ring...red is my FAVORITE color and that thing is going to look like FIRE next to that halo of sparkling diamonds...YUM.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
It would be lovely to have it all...If you can do it I''d definitely go for it!

I''m supposed to get my halo ring on Thursday (crossing finger desperately!), and I only had pave around the halo and chose to have a polished split shank. I did get little surprise diamonds on the sides though as a concesion to myself! I''m pretty rough with my hands and jewelry, so it being able to withstand my daily life was a big concern! I really strugged with how much pave to have...and my theory is to add eternity bands down the road!

I have a half eternity band, pave style now, and I lost a diamond within the first 2 months! But, honestly...I think that happened because I had to have it sized down!?

Can you talk your jeweler into snapping a pic of the wax for you?
1.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your thoughts! I''m sure it will be lovely, whichever way it ends up. I of course, wouldnt mind more melee, I just dont want it to loose its delicacy.

I sent my jewelers son an e-mail asking for a pic of the wax, not sure if I will get it. She is leaving today for china for some gemstone shopping. I will post if I get it but it may already be gone to be cast.

I have decided that I am done with the ring. From here on out my bf makes all the decisions. I have had more than my fair share of input and he can make the last little decisions, deciding on more melee, picking up the ring, and proposing all without more of my involvement! Now lets just see if I can do it, it is so exciting it is going to be hard to wait quietly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results