shape
carat
color
clarity

question about brilliancescope pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dark918

Rough_Rock
on a lot of light view 2 pics, you can see only half of the diamond lighting up intensely, does it mean that the other half doesnt light up at all, or will it light up just as much as the other half if you could tilt the diamond inside the machine?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2005 7:37:48 AM
Author:dark918
on a lot of light view 2 pics, you can see only half of the diamond lighting up intensely, does it mean that the other half doesnt light up at all, or will it light up just as much as the other half if you could tilt the diamond inside the machine?
Dear Dark.....

I would suggest that you go see the stone, where ever it is. Ask to see it in the B Scope viewer as then it will be apparent what is happening ( if this isn''t something that looks very different to the B Scope camera ). With the B Scope Viewer you get to see the affect of the different positions of light angle entry with you eye.

It probably is a very slight variation in the lower girdle facet angle or the pavilion main facets, only detectible at that angle of light entry.

Rockdoc

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another question I would ask is ...

You have certain facets that lit up in light view 2 while others didn''t.

Did those facets light up in another view?

If so i can help explain why.

Peace,

dark918

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys,

I''ve attached a pic with this post. In it you can see not all of the diamond is intensely lit up. My question was whether the parts that are not as intensely lit up are poorer performing parts of the diamond? Or will they return light just as much if the viewing angle was changed?

bsco.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/13/2005 1:29:22 PM
Author: dark918
Thanks guys,

I''ve attached a pic with this post. In it you can see not all of the diamond is intensely lit up. My question was whether the parts that are not as intensely lit up are poorer performing parts of the diamond? Or will they return light just as much if the viewing angle was changed?
Thanks for the question and posting the picture. That really helps.

In answer to your question dark, THAT STONE LOOKS LIKE A COOKER. :)

In the controlled lighting environment of the BrillianceScope it is showing where light reflects off of facets at varying intensities. You see ... there are certain crown/pavilion angle combos that produce greater or weaker intensities of light refraction. While the lighting environment is wonderful for exploring which combinations produce this phenomena, I will be the first to tell you that you will never see the diamond in that particular lighting environment. If you read my tutorial on the subject I say this explicity. It is making certain seperations that are impossible for the human eye to detect.

Based on that image I can take a wild stab how it performed on the rest of the light positions and I''m willing to bet it got very good results. Your eyes will not perceive these minor differences dark. It should be one of the most beautiful stones you''ll ever lay eyes on, at least with regards to direct light conditions. Without saying where you got hte graphic, if you assemble the other 5 (or even the last 6th image) I can help give you further assessment. If you''d like to know I can tell you alot more from the images than I can the bar graph.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

dark918

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jonathan,

Yes the stone did very well just like you said. Here are the rest of the results attached as a pic. I would like to know what you make of this stone if you have the time.

bscop2.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/13/2005 4:15:38 PM
Thanks Jonathan,

Yes the stone did very well just like you said. Here are the rest of the results attached as a pic. I would like to know what you make of this stone if you have the time.
Thanks dark.

I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if this stone did not get 3 very high's it should have. If it didn't it would be in the reading for scintillation and if it read anything less than VH would be a mistake (also covered in our tutorial).

Judging from the images it also appears one heart may be every so slightly skewed but not to a degree that it would impact the face up appearance nor would be detectable with the human eye. So far all signals are green on this one.
emthup.gif

dark918

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 4:29:11 PM
Author: Rhino

Date: 9/13/2005 4:15:38 PM
Thanks Jonathan,

Thanks dark.

I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if this stone did not get 3 very high''s it should have. If it didn''t it would be in the reading for scintillation and if it read anything less than VH would be a mistake (also covered in our tutorial).

Judging from the images it also appears one heart may be every so slightly skewed but not to a degree that it would impact the face up appearance nor would be detectable with the human eye. So far all signals are green on this one.
emthup.gif
Your judgement is very impressive! Yes it did get VH on all three. One heart had a bigger gap between it and the arrow as compared to the others, but this was a very tiny difference just as you predicted.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Judging from the images it also appears one heart may be every so slightly skewed
emthup.gif
[/quote]

Wow! This is fascinating to me. What exactly are you seeing Rhino that gives away the heart imperfection?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''d call it the study of the optical signature.
emotion-5.gif

When you look at and photograph images of diamonds day in and day out for years you get to know them quite intimately. The answer to your question would require a short volume which would best be answered over the phone since I do not want to type all of that out.
emsmilep.gif
If you''d really like to know drop me a buzz and I''ll be happy to explain with links and graphics as we speak. As long as I''m not at the counter or on the phone with someone else, my time is your time.

Peace,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just curious dark. Did or does this vendor also provide a hearts image?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
btw that contrast image (when translated to its red reflector/ASET results) has also been identified and is virtually identical to the image AGS uses in their presentation of the ASET as being a top of the line rock.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2005 12:32:01 AM
Author: Rhino
I''d call it the study of the optical signature.
emotion-5.gif

When you look at and photograph images of diamonds day in and day out for years you get to know them quite intimately. The answer to your question would require a short volume which would best be answered over the phone since I do not want to type all of that out.
emsmilep.gif
If you''d really like to know drop me a buzz and I''ll be happy to explain with links and graphics as we speak. As long as I''m not at the counter or on the phone with someone else, my time is your time.

Peace,

Thanks - didn''t realize it was such a complicated thing - I was thinking maybe there was something particular to look for that would be obvious after you KNOW what to look for!
1.gif

Back to Dark''s original question though, I too have wondered why some stones show large swaths of light return and others show very specific, symmetrical patterns in their images. Just my observation, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems these symmetrical pics seem to show up more in smaller stones, and the larger patches in bigger stones. For instance, in the other light views he posted for his stone, you can see the symmetry in the pics. Am I making sense?
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results