shape
carat
color
clarity

What colour engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What colour engagement ring would you put with a green gold wedding band. |I have one and it is a yellowish Green colour 18k gold?

Should the engagement ring match, although I probably would not be able to find one so this would be custom?

Would a yellow gold ring look okay, although to me it looks near but funny in a way?

Could a white gold ring go with it or would this look funny?

What does everyone think?

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
The best thing would be to just put it on your hand and try on the other ones to see how it looks.
I suspect yellow gold would be the least likely to clash.

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
i think i would go for the custom matching 18k green gold unless you think you might want to change the wedding band in the future. just my opinion. good luck!
35.gif
banjo

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Any way you can post a pic of it?

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Asking for green gold as an alloy is not asking for too much as the the same metals used in y/g are also used (copper/silver et al) but at different proportions. Now, I wouldn''t suggest this option, but 9k would match better then 18k. Best try on what is on offer and see what you think. The Ering is far more important then the wedder, so I would prefer to see you choose what you like in the Ering. IMO y/g is the best choice, but it depends on your tastes and if you really love the green gold wedder then you should be able to match it without too much trouble. You just need to find a jeweller who does their own melting and most do. It is not really a question of having something custom made as the jeweller might have an existing model which they cast that you like and the process is like any other, except that your ring would be cast seperately and not with 20 other items and the cost would be more for the casting. That is if they do their own casting too, though that doesn''t really matter. If you live in a biggish city they will have easy access to casting house who can do it in green gold. Most casting houses welcome this sort of thing.

Hope this makes sense. It is not as complicated as it sounds. Let us know how you go.

Phillip

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not mix it up a bit with an 18 karat red gold e-ring? just a thought if you''re might be interested in something unusual.....

peace, movie zombie

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Yummmmm.... just to mess things up a little more... I like the idea of platinum or white gold with the green... yummy

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your replies.

The thing is the green gold band is not exchangeable and I would like it to stand out as being green so don''t really want to put yellow with it. I think putting yellow with it just makes it look like a yellow gold ring. I am just wondering if white gold would be okay as it would then let the green stand on its own terms. The thing is, would it be okay to wear one ring totally one colour with another ring a totally different colour? The rings would not be of both colours.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry I cannot post a picture as I have no way to do this.

The ring is green gold because it is made from Scottish gold which was a nugget found in a burn in Scotland. I believe the gold when found has a lot of silver in it, but do not know what the maker added to made it the way it is now. I heard that it is 19k pure gold when found with the remaining 6 parts of silver. The ring is 18k gold now that it is made.

I prefer that it is Scottish gold so do not mind the green colour.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
The high silver content is what makes the gold green.

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
i don''t know if this will help any or not but i will tell you about a beautiful ring i used to own. i have had a lifelong love of jewels. forty years ago my mother purchased a beautiful emerald cut peridot for me. it was an estate piece that she got from a very small and long time established b&m in our hometown. the store was owned by friends of our family and the lady offered my mother the chance to purchase some pieces. the peridot was not small and the metal was green, rose and yellow gold. it was not black hills gold and didn''t look anything like it. if i remember correctly the shank was 14k yellow gold and the rectangle bezel set frame around the ring was decorated in green and pink gold with engraving. shortly after the birth of my daughter i lost it. i still think of that ring. i don''t know if that combo would work for you. i really was never a yellow gold person but i loved that ring. i know there is something out there or something you could design that will compliment your green gold band. good luck! banjo

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about rose gold? Pink and green is a classic combo.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Thebanjodog that ring does sound lovely with the peridot and the different colours of gold. However I would prefer to have the engagement ring in one colour only except for the setting which could be platinum or white gold.

JulieN I like red rose gold too but more for a necklace, I think I would not care for it in a ring. If I go to a jewellers I will try it on with the wedding band though to see how I feel when I see it.

At the moment I am feeling more like have white gold. I love platinum but do not want to put it next to the 18k gold band incase it causes it to wear more.

Has anyone ever seen someone wear two different colour rings together as a wedding set?

I mean two rings each of one colour not two coloured pieces.

I know I could get a matching ring made in green gold but don''t really want them both to be green as I feel they would just look like yellow gold at a glance.

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
pyramid. my husband has a green gold college class ring. after posting regarding your question i remembered it and dug it out. it was tarnished some and i got it cleaned up. i put it next to 14k white and yellow gold. i personally was not impressed with the look. that is just my opinion and i only offer it as you have asked for opinions.

in the past i have tried rings of my own mixing the white and yellow and never could really get into it. i do think if you are going to mix golds the white and the rose look the best.

i did think of another option that might help. have you considered trying a green gold mounting for your engagement ring and having diamond melee all around? it would give you the matching golds and the white you like with it from the diamonds. just a thought for your consideration. good luck. banjo

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have seen an engagement ring which had a green band with a red gold bezel that held a solitaire diamond. that''s the only experience with seeing red and green golds together. i believe the idea is not to have a two-tone ring like i described. but based on that experience, i''d definitely wear a red gold band with a green gold band.

peace, movie zombie

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thebanjodog and moviezombie thanks for your replies.

I really like the idea of having the engagement ring pave but green gold. That is an option I am keeping open.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds lovely! look forward to seeing pictures!

peace, movie zombie

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
pyramid i look forward to seeing what you have made. i too, think it will be great. banjo

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will not be purchasing it this year but if I own a digital camera when I get it I will certainly post pictures. I am still thinking about trying a white gold ring and intend to go into a jewellers to try on one just to see how it looks. I also like the idea which thebanjodog came up with about the pave, I had never even considered that, a three stone may also be an idea I am thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results