shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you know if it''s eye clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
There often is mention of "eye clean" stones. Can you tell from the certification papers if it''s eye clean or do you physically need to see the stone to tell? I see a lot of certs posted online, but even many VS2s have what appear to be visable inclusions in the middle of the diamond ON THE CERT. However, in person, I never noticed a mark on my last engagement ring which was a VS2. If I go to an SI1, how do I know if it''s eye clean???
33.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can''t tell ''eye clean'' from a gradiing report. have a read through this thread. if you can''t see the stone in person, you will need to find a trusted vendor. best of luck!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be sure you are dealing with a vendor with a no charge look and inspect policy. (You will be responsible only for postage and insurance.) Then look at the stone. You may see more than another, so it is always incumbant on you to inspect the stone to see if it makes your heart happy.

If not, just return it. If yes, then revel in the joy of having such a beauty!

Wink

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Eye clean is not a gemological grade but determined by each viewers own eyes. A sller may say a diamond is eye clean and ou may agree or find otherwise. Everyone who says a diamond is eye clean means it looks like it is to their eyes. Then it is up to the next person to agree. Not everyone will.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2005 1:08:20 PM
Author:VuittonGal
There often is mention of 'eye clean' stones. Can you tell from the certification papers if it's eye clean or do you physically need to see the stone to tell? I see a lot of certs posted online, but even many VS2s have what appear to be visable inclusions in the middle of the diamond ON THE CERT. However, in person, I never noticed a mark on my last engagement ring which was a VS2. If I go to an SI1, how do I know if it's eye clean???
33.gif
VG
show it to MMM
28.gif
i think if you can't find inclusions from 8-10" before using a loupe,then its eye clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results