shape
carat
color
clarity

american international gemologists?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Namor

Rough_Rock
Hi; someone knows who these guys are?
Are they reliable?

Cheers.

Ps: sorry if this isn't the right place, but I wasn't able to post in the FAQ section.

Namor

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much, eh?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry - never heard of them.

Any more info - where are they etc?

It is a kinda oxymoron name
9.gif

Namor

Rough_Rock
Uhm, as "AIG", you say..... well, as for their extended name, I've found nothing decisive nor describing about 'em here, after a search (and specially, no clear statements, rather that scattered words to and fro); otherwise, I'd never posted to ask.

Ps., in order to avoid repeating questions and scattered answers, wouldn't be better to create some sticky posts, or a sub-forum, devoted only to the gemological insitutes (or so-called) and their deeds?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello

I''m totally new at this, but have been reading/researching all the info here on PS. Anyway, I had never heard of them until this past weeekend when my BF and I visited Robbins Bros. here in L.A. Most of their certs were from AIG. I asked about them, and was told that they operate out of Woodland Hills, CA. Their staff is made up of GIA people. I was not impressed with the rocks I saw that they graded.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/30/2005 1:12:44 PM
Author: Namor

Ps., in order to avoid repeating questions and scattered answers, wouldn''t be better to create some sticky posts, or a sub-forum, devoted only to the gemological insitutes (or so-called) and their deeds?
I started a list about a year ago of who makes ''certificates''. I gave up at about 50 different labs. It''s changed considerably since then. It''s a seriously difficult chore to stay on top of who describes themselves as a Gemological Institute much less to keep track of their various products.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/who-prepares-certificates.25291/=

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results