shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Emerald Cut ?? Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emerald One

Rough_Rock
I have the choice between two Emeralds. I could really use some help. Stone 2 is longer, clearer but its corners are more defined. It is a unique shape as the corners are elongated. Also, it appears to have less facets (doubt it really does). But, it is very clear. Stone 2 is actually a couple hundred dollars cheaper, not enough to make a difference.
-Matt
Please help. Thanks:

Stone 1
1.53c
E
VS1 (can''t see anything)
7.53x5.70x3.77 (LxW 1.33)
Good
Good
Depth 66.1
Table 67
Med to Sl Thick
Flor: None

vs.

Stone 2
1.51c
D
VVS2
7.85x5.63x3.87 (LxW 1.40)
Good
Good
Depth 68.7
Table 63
V. Thin - Sl Thick
Flor: None

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Which stone looks better to your eye? Both of these stones specs look good, so that is not the issue. The only think to really consider is the l:w ratio. Do you like more of a rectangle or square shape? Many people like their ec''s with at least the 1:35 ration.... crown height info is something you should try to find out as well....

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
My only concern (in relation to numbers only) is that Stone #2''s girdle varies from V. Thin to Sl. Thick. That V. Thin can cause the stone to be prone to chipping if the jeweler doesn''t know what he''s doing during the setting process or if the ring gets whacked against a hard object (it happen from time to time).

Otherwise the numbers look good....how do they actually look? That''s going to be your real determinant.

Emerald One

Rough_Rock
They both look very good but are just different. The D has elongated corners. Is that weird?? DO you think it will look weird to have long corners with the prong taking up a little portion in the middle?

I am also planning on getting a raised solitaire platinum setting. Will this look good??

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
It may not necessarily look strange at all depending on the type of prongs you are using...also, sometimes the prongs will be wider than you think and can cover more of the elongated corners.

Solitare ECs are beautiful...nothing wrong with them at all...do you have a setting in mind already?

Do you have pictures??

Emerald One

Rough_Rock
No pics. I do have one picked out though. Sort of. I like the Tiffany with the baguettes coming out, only I am going to do one with no baguettes. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results